Help

I need help with the whole game been playing it since the cm series and yet on this version of the game every tatic i have tried doesnt the players dont listen to my instructions, the team instructions the seem to do the opposite, my strikers seem to want to play like centre backs my team talks dont work no matter what i say, so anyone with any help i will be very thankful

I need help with the whole game been playing it since the cm series and yet on this version of the game every tatic i have tried doesnt the players dont listen to my instructions, the team instructions the seem to do the opposite, my strikers seem to want to play like centre backs my team talks dont work no matter what i say, so anyone with any help i will be very thankful

when you usually read "help" threads it´s always somebody who needs to know how to open this or install that, generally they´re kind of specific. this one is the real deal though :thup:

i dont understand it i have lukaku up front on his own in 10 games he had 3 shots my defenders one is set to cover the other defend all they do is put the red carpet down let the striker go through and follow him all the way to the goal where they shoot, my passing is set to short yet all i see is long balls to lukaku who heads it on to their keeper, i have them all to cross rarely so if there isnt a pass on they usually just stand there and get tackled or whack the ball into row z when all they have to do is cross it if thats the only option, i dont know what to do and thats just with my current tactics, ive tried long balls, lots of crossing, going through the middle, they all do pretty much the same the defenders dont defend and the strikers dont shoot

Pick a better team, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter and use them til you get used to the game. Then, when you've gotten the hang of it try a different team.

Do a pre season against a bunch of lower class teams, tour Japan or something, should help with morale.

As for tactics, minimum 10 games for each one, preferably 20.

The only weird thing I've noticed about the tactics is that you seem to attack more with things set at defensive. If you choose all out attack you see your strikers in and about the half way line just standing there and taking an absolutely age to go forward when your wingers get into great positions.

Edit: I'm just talking about overall team instructions though. I don't know about individual.

i dont understand it i have lukaku up front on his own in 10 games he had 3 shots my defenders one is set to cover the other defend all they do is put the red carpet down let the striker go through and follow him all the way to the goal where they shoot, my passing is set to short yet all i see is long balls to lukaku who heads it on to their keeper, i have them all to cross rarely so if there isnt a pass on they usually just stand there and get tackled or whack the ball into row z when all they have to do is cross it if thats the only option, i dont know what to do and thats just with my current tactics, ive tried long balls, lots of crossing, going through the middle, they all do pretty much the same the defenders dont defend and the strikers dont shoot

Its no good setting your passing to short if there is no-one to receive a pass.

A good tactic needs balance between attack and defend. There also needs to be a transition phase inbetween when players make themselves available to receive the ball rather than running off towards the opposition goal.

A good starting point would be to post up a screenshot of your formation and team instructions.

You are also playing in Italy where most teams play narrow, Juventus being one of the few that do try to offer width. This means you'll be under a lot of pressure in the DM/DC region and you need to find a way to deal with it.

Archived