Will i get sacked if.......

....So, i holidayed into November of the 1st season, and took charge of a Liverpool side languishing in 15th. Morale is rock bottom. The board have given me a minimum requirement of Europa League footy for next season. Although i am only 6 points or so off a European spot(5th/6th) there is a chance i won't make it due to heavy competition. Is it likely that i'll be sacked in this case? It would seem very harsh if i was, wouldn't it?

50 million pound strike force (one of which is quality), stephen gerrard, pepe reina and Agger/Carragher at the back, plus still enough money to bring in a couple players of your choosing. You taking the ****, it would be by no means harsh. With that said if you miss out by one position you might keep your job.

50 million pound strike force (one of which is quality), stephen gerrard, pepe reina and Agger/Carragher at the back, plus still enough money to bring in a couple players of your choosing. You taking the ****, it would be by no means harsh. With that said if you miss out by one position you might keep your job.

Forgot to add, all transfers are reverted back to pre 11.3. So Torres is yet to leave for Chelsea, and Carroll/Suarez not here yet. Lot's of injuries too.

Wait, did you read the original post? I holidayed up to late november and then took over the club. That is why i am suggesting it might be harsh, when the morale is awful and my predecessor ruined the squad.

you might just hang on if you have exceeded expectations in cups, but you could be set as insecure over the summer and going into next season but dont expect to keep your job if you fail the objective

So essentially, the AI chairmen don't give a toss whether you have inherited an injured, poor morale squad just before X-Mas? :D

....So, i holidayed into November of the 1st season, and took charge of a Liverpool side languishing in 15th. Morale is rock bottom. The board have given me a minimum requirement of Europa League footy for next season. Although i am only 6 points or so off a European spot(5th/6th) there is a chance i won't make it due to heavy competition. Is it likely that i'll be sacked in this case? It would seem very harsh if i was, wouldn't it?

On Holiday then taking over the Liverpool job halfway through a season, with a miserable pre madonna striker, rock bottom morale and Roy Hodgesons inept transfers and management screwed up half the season?

Sounds a bit far fetched to me mate.

Its only november, you have plenty of time to turn it around. Even without suarez and carroll you have one of the best strikers in the game and all the other players I mentioned before. you just need a couple of results, bum your players for getting the wins and morale with soar.

On Holiday then taking over the Liverpool job halfway through a season, with a miserable pre madonna striker, rock bottom morale and Roy Hodgesons inept transfers and management screwed up half the season?

Sounds a bit far fetched to me mate.

lol, i know. I actually edited the DB slighty to favour this result, by using the 11.3 DB but with pre january information, and downgrading Hodgson's motivatin, CA and i think a couple of other attributes slightly, but i had no idea it'd be so accurate. But unlike Dalglish i decided to take over in November, not January.

Its only november, you have plenty of time to turn it around. Even without suarez and carroll you have one of the best strikers in the game and all the other players I mentioned before. you just need a couple of results, bum your players for getting the wins and morale with soar.

True, but Torres is leaving the club in January, no idea if Suarez and Carroll will gel once i've bought them. That leaves N'Gog :(

In my experience (but I usually manage lower league where expectations are less high) a board seldomly fires you for poor performance. Dont start applying to other jobs though, two or three of those and you're out. I have only been fired once in FM11, ending a season in 17th position in Isthmian League First Division Southwest (8th tier) and then applying to a norwegian 3rd division job. The combi of poor performance and lack of loyalty probably did it, but I think without applying I could have stayed at the club into eternity.

Archived