Lies, damned lies, and...

...statistics. The friend of the football fan, and the thing that makes us all nerds at heart (if indeed playing a computerised simulation of football management doesn't do that already).

Anyway, I know FM gives you a lot of statistical information for your club, but - and forgive me as I don't have the game open now, as I've yet to convince my boss that it's a useful work tool, but I digress - are stats such as "games lost from winning position", "games won after scoring the first goal", and similar available to the FM Manager?

And if not, I think it would be useful to have them.

They are, after all, trotted out on a regular basis in real life by the BBC, Sky Sports and newspapers, and I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to compile this information and present it to the user in a nice table.

I was thinking about this driving in to work this morning, as several of my games this season have resulted in defeats having been in the lead, but I realised I didn't know how many.

Yeah, I'd love it if those sort of stats could be included. Can't imagine that it'd be too hard to put in, surely's it's just a case of asking the game to collect a little more data. If I'm wrong(and I could be, I know little about programming!), fair enough.

I'm a bit of a stats geek on this game too.

Archived