Spanish B teams.

I am considering starting a game with a Spanish B team when the new patch comes out and was wondering if there was anywhere that has the rules etc involved in managing such clubs. There isn't much ingame information and a search of the forum didn't bring up anything relevant. My main problem is that I loaded up a few games to see how it works and each time the B team had three players who were listed as on loan form the parent club and ineligible for the squad. Has anybody played such a game over a number of seasons, if so how does it work? Do you get players promoted from the u19s each summer and some promoted upwards to the first team? Thanks in advance for any help.

Playing as Spanish B teams is a dead end job. You can't play in cups, and you won't ever get promoted to the La Liga, so you basically just plod along without being able to achieve anything.

I know all that, it was specific game mechanics I was asking about.

Playing as Spanish B teams is a dead end job. You can't play in cups, and you won't ever get promoted to the La Liga, so you basically just plod along without being able to achieve anything.

Can't you get promoted to first team manager like Guardiola?

It appears that you have some control over the Under 19 squad, you can move any promising players from the Under 19s to the 'B' team, but equally, i'd imagine the 'A' team Manager can overule you too and move/sign/sell whoever he wants :D

Interested in managing a 'B' team myself, specifically Barcelona B because i've always wanted to play a bigger part in developing youth.

Could be an interesting topic :thup:

This is hilarious, has Spanish B team management been tested? I'm playing a game with Madrid B to test it out and just before the second league match of the season almost the entire squad was promoted to the main squad, leaving me with greys, 3 goalkeepers and Sergio Canales (who was away on international duty). I guess I'll be rethinking my first game with the new patch.

Archived