Question about a question

I was wondering how the majority answer the press conference question, which pops up quite a bit each season, "Who do you think will win the league this season?"

I am managing in the Southern Premier League and Salisbury under the AI are running away with it, they are 15 points clear at the top after 27 games. I got this question and answered "Salisbury" thinking it was pretty obvious really - they have kept the majority of their squad that were playing 2 divisions higher the season before! (they finished 12th in the Blue Square Premier but got relegated twice after going into administration) - BUT, some of my players deemed it inappropriate for me to be "praising other teams."

So how should I have answered this to keep my players happy? "Banbury United of course - we are 19 points off the top but with games running out and Salisbury virtually never slipping up - I can see us pipping them to the title." Perhaps even if I had, my players would have got unhappy at my sarcasm?

What's the majority verdict on how to answer this? Let me guess - "No Comment" :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It can work both ways. Sometimes if I say "Norwich (me) will win it" sometimes players will react "doesn't think it's good to put pressure on team". Some players react in certain different ways - post match conference try an be positive about your players performances. No comment will get no reaction from the players.

Archived