Not Fair :-(

I currently have about 9 or 10 foreign prospects away on Loan at my Belgian Affiliate to get past the Work Permit obstacle (hate, hate, hate), all well and good, the first batch of these players has either just reached the 3 year mark, or is about to within days or weeks. So there's me looking forward to finally getting these players ive been waiting on, and paying wages on, when i look at the Personal Tab of the first player to reach the mark... and i STILL cant play him, cos after THREE years of living in Belgium, he doesn't even have a basic knowledge of the French or Dutch languages needed to gain citizenship. I'm guessing plenty other players have run into this... hiccup (being very polite), so when this happens, is there a point in keeping the players affected, is it likely they're going to get the languages down any time soon if they haven't managed it by then, or should i just offload any players that find themselves in that situation?

Rooney, Beckham, Gazza, Ronaldo (fat) are hardly the sharpest knives in the drawer, I'd have taken each and every one on my team though!

true...but im pretty sure even those would have a basic understanding of the language if they were there for 3 years!

even Beckham used to do the odd press conference and interviews in Spanish when his was at real!

Unfortunately, this is football

You take the risks, and they don't always work

I personally would consider letting them go and moving your efforts onto other players

Considering you have around 10 prospects in total, not all of them will make your first team anyway due to lack of room

things are looking up, i had 4 players at the 3 year mark in Belgium, 2 couldn't speak the language, the others could. The 2 that could, after a month or 3 wait the paperwork finally went through, and i recalled them, 1 of the lingually inept players i got a Work Permit with a new contract, and the other just randomly got Belgian Citizenship for some reason. :-)

Archived