MLS Question

Started a MLS season with kansas wizards

Pretty cool the draft n what not

1 thing tho i have to register my squad with wage limit at 29k and no higher

When i looked at other squads for example new york thierry henrys on 65k a week alone so does it depend on how rich ur chairman is or how good your reputation is any1 know ?

Started a MLS season with kansas wizards

Pretty cool the draft n what not

1 thing tho i have to register my squad with wage limit at 29k and no higher

When i looked at other squads for example new york thierry henrys on 65k a week alone so does it depend on how rich ur chairman is or how good your reputation is any1 know ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_Player_Rule

Every team has the same number of slots, but, obviously, with higher reputations it is easier to get better DPs.

Haha crazy and hard but oh well lol

Thanks btw

No problem.

Also, just so you know- if you want to sign DPs they have to be recommended by your assman- if you go to the squad screen and select 'assistant advice' your assman can give you recommendations. I only bring this up because it took me a while to figure out.

MLS is lots of fun once you get the hang of it- good luck!

MLS is a fun league to play. It has aspects that make it feel like managing a 9-year old pee-wee league team while at the same time having other aspects that make it much more challenging than other leagues (no hiring scouts, salary cap, DP's, etc...) force you to be constantly evolving your squad and finding Teh Awesome players on the cheap.

PS: Signing bonus's and Agent bonuses don't count against the cap ;)

Best advice- don't even bother with MLS as it currently stands. The league is completely busted (and has been for all of 11) and there's no point in trying to play a serious game with it as of yet. Hopefully things will be fixed with the last patch, but don't hold your breath. Should the league become playable, though, you'll want to look into downloading an in-game editor to help out with the draft. If you use a little restraint (i.e. don't load the draft with superstar-calibre players) it'll go a long way towards keeping the league challenging.

P.S. The inability to hire scouts is a bug that was made known as far back as last year. The league has no rules against hiring scouts. It's just that not many teams are willing to spend the money on them and instead let the coaches/managers do the scouting (which you can't do in FM.) In real life this is partially why the draft is so important- most signings come into the league this way, seeing as to how many of the foreign players brought in fail to last more than a year.

Archived