Media, is it needed?

I was excited about the addition of press conferences and being able to comment about upcoming games or recent signings. However, as many have said, it is repetitive and the lack of options soon make the novalty wear off. Also the AI seems to have an advantage in what they say makes much more of an impact on your team, than you can make on theirs. Personally I think the media aspect of the game is important and should be kept, but definatly improved on. More variety and more consequences. For example if you decline to attend the press conference of you starting as a new manager, they press say they will be against you, but its an empty threat as nothing really happens. So i was just wondering what changes, if any, should be made for future titles? Or if you think it should be scraped all together.

It should be kept. The options may be repetitive now, but it's all about working towards as complete an experience as possible.

The model that SI seem to employ is add a feature that 50% working, get people to play the game and give feedback, and then improve it for the next year, and the year after etc. The 2D pitch didn't work that well in the first game moving away from commentary only, but then the 2D pitch got better and better. Likewise for the 3D pitch - the animations now are much better than before, and FM2012 will be even better.

The game needs to evolve by introducing new features and improving upon them year on year. Things shouldn't be scrapped after 1 year.

should definetly be kept, maybe have individual things in a press conference about a particular team, player or manager even your chairman.

also the ability to edit what the media says in press conferences through the editor and add new questions and answers

Same thing applies to agents by the way (linking into the Insane Agents thread) - that will get better and better every year. I haven't a problem with it at the moment, but for those that are quoted high figures, you have to remember that this is the first year of agents, so it'll be some time before they're perfect.

Yeah, agreed, I'd like it to stay, just improved on, and more things to comment about. Maybe even more options to praise a player and declare interest, to make him easier to sign. At the moment its too limited, but if its expanded on it would make the game more fun.

its so so, i only do the first interview as manager, sometimes new signings just for the sake of it and the main use is to tap up players, pre/post game press confrences no chance, seasons take long enough these days.

So for this fact i wouldnt not like to see any repricusions for not attending or declining/ sending ass man etc

I think there is a lot of room for improvement as there always is with every section of the game. I find the pre-game media questions mind-numbing and I've never noticed any negative effects towards my team. I now let my ass man do it unless it's a key game or local derby.

I think there is a lot of room for improvement as there always is with every section of the game. I find the pre-game media questions mind-numbing and I've never noticed any negative effects towards my team. I now let my ass man do it unless it's a key game or local derby.

I bet real life managers get equally annoyed with a camera in their face.

Well, it's there to make FM as realistic as possible. You can always send your Ass Man

I've no qualms with them but I think if SI added the option to turn off these "extras", press conferences, agents etc fewer people would complain & it would help speed the game up for busier folk

Archived