Terminating a loan??

I have had the same problem- someone explained once as having to do with the loan transfer window. Doesn't seem right to me, though. Surely you should be able to terminate a loan at your club whenever you like.

I have had the same problem- someone explained once as having to do with the loan transfer window. Doesn't seem right to me, though. Surely you should be able to terminate a loan at your club whenever you like.

Well I would have thought so, I used it all the time in FM10 so I cannot see why the feature is gone now!

I think it is to do with the other club receiving a new player to their squad outside of the recognised transfer windows. In theory, a club could make a 'donation' to another that is loaning their playing in order to ease an injury crisis where they are not able to bring anybody new in. This rule prevents this.

Did you insert the "can be re-called" option when negotiating the loan contract?

No, because I was the one who was loaning him. I Paid about 300k for the loan and I pay his full wages which I would rather not have to be burdended with at this stage.

Once again, I am the one loaning him, at my club, from Arsenal. There must be a way of sending him back to his team.

No, because I was the one who was loaning him. I Paid about 300k for the loan and I pay his full wages which I would rather not have to be burdended with at this stage.

Once again, I am the one loaning him, at my club, from Arsenal. There must be a way of sending him back to his team.

You've answered your own question there - You paid a fee for the loan.

If the situation arose in RL I'm sure the clubs would get together and come to an agreement but in terms of FM its black & white - if you pay a fee for a loan the player can't be recalled/sent back.

If the situation arose in RL I'm sure the clubs would get together and come to an agreement but in terms of FM its black & white - if you pay a fee for a loan the player can't be recalled/sent back.

Ah, I did not know this. So it is a sort of guarantee that you wont send the player back if you decide you dont want to play him/can afford him? Quite smart I suppose. ah well, season is nearly over anyhow!

no, i've loaned players with a fee that i am able to send back to their clubs but it seems it has to be in a transfer window.

Some nations (leagues?) require loans to end during transfer window, some don't.

You can check this in game. Go to league rules. Some leagues have "Loan rules" specified.

For example in Italian Serie A there's "Loans must end in a valid transfer window", in England there is "Long term loans must end in a valid transfer window..." etc.

Loan fee is irrelevant.

I was not able to a terminate a loan, but paid no fee, so that isn't the reason, I agree. It does seem to be related to the transfer window, but I never looked at the loan rules for the BSS at the time. Oh well, good to know for the future.

Archived