Computer perfomance and game speed

Not sure if this will help but i have a new laptop with plenty of memory and i had some issues with the quality of the 3d match graphics. So i looked online and found that if you set your laptop power plan to the highest setting and always play with the power lead connected it improves the grahics quality. It worked for me hope this helps. But by the looks of it you are more intrested in speeding up your performance, have you tried de fraging your computer ?

and always play with the power lead connected it improves the grahics quality.

I have to say, this is a must. Despite having my battery and power cable settings to exactly the same levels, I always get a stuttery 3D performance with the power cord unplugged.

If its a PC you may be able to upgrade components, you can with a laptop but its more hassle than its worth. Also if you have a fairly good set up it may be the RAM is letting you down, or the processor is letting you down, so simply replacing one may be ideal. For example, my PC is good an i7 920 D0 overclocked to 4.3ghz but the RAM is only overclocked 1800mhz, so its a bit of a let down. When I have more funds available (and its necessary because I can no longer play games at over 100 fps) I'll upgrade the RAM more.

I have to say, this is a must. Despite having my battery and power cable settings to exactly the same levels, I always get a stuttery 3D performance with the power cord unplugged.

Unless I'm mistaken this is due to laptops assigning different levels of power when the power cable is attached, afaik when you are not plugged into a power outlet the laptop will send less power to your graphics/video cards so the battery will last longer. I guess it depends on which laptop you have though

Archived