He just won't score!

I'm coming to the latter end of my first season with Liverpool and going reasonably strong; I'm second in the league and in the quarter final of the FA Cup. However, there's one thing bugging me: LUIS SUAREZ CANNOT SCORE!

I signed him in the summer for 19 mil to complement Torres but he just can't score. His stats are pretty decent but he misses every chance he gets. I've tried playing him in nearly every role possible i.e. poacher, target man, trequartista. I've tried him upfront on his own and with other strikers (Torres, N'Gog, Jovanovic, Pacheco) but the guy just won't score. So, is there anything I can do to make him start scoring on a regular basis?

I've often found strikers who look great on paper that just don't get the goals, but if I stick with them then they start scoring the following season.

I had that with Lukaku and Wickham. First season was shambles, second and third were near immaculate.

Sometimes they just don't score that much in the first season. I had Aguero on an older version of the game, got about 15 goals in all comps, which isn't all that bad, but you'd expect better. Next season he got 50 in all comps. Same tactics, same players around him. He just clicked.

Some of the chances he misses though are incredibly easy. I'll give him next season to improve and if he don't improve then he's transfer listed. Funny thing is that when I tell him that he needs to improve his game he finds my comments unfair which is just stupid.

Archived