Commercial Link

I remeber reading it somewhere else, but is it only me or can you actually loose money with a commercial link in FM11? I have a commercial link with Dallas and I am paying 2.36mil EU/year. I was making around 250kEU/month before the link and now making around 400kEU/month. So in total I am about to make 1.8 mil EU profit per year. If you count the fee for the link I am loosing around 500kEU/year.

So having a commercial link in FM11 is useless or should I find some other team? Also what is in effect for the merchandising sale for the commercial other than success?

Same here - left it for 2 full seasons, played away friendlies against all 3 of them at the start of both seasons (China, Japan and US based teams) and won the CL once during the period, but saw no discernable increase in merchandising.

I'm speculating here, but it seems SI have toned down the amount of cash you can generate at clubs to make it a bit more realistic. In FM10, you'd usually be swimming in cash after 5 yrs with a big club.

They seem to have gotten rid of the "big name signing likely to cause sharp increase in merchanising sales" too.

I've bought some world class players for huge money in various different saves and still haven't seen the message yet.

Anybody else seen that message appear by any chance?

It was pretty realistic, so I hope it's still there - Real's policy is always that they expect to recoup the transfer fees from shirt sales. Then again, that's Real.

oh, if you're wondering how I got 3 clubs - the old cheat from many versions ago where you can choose all options given is back in FM11 :)

(Don't tell SI !!!)

Same here - left it for 2 full seasons, played away friendlies against all 3 of them at the start of both seasons (China, Japan and US based teams) and won the CL once during the period, but saw no discernable increase in merchandising.

I'm speculating here, but it seems SI have toned down the amount of cash you can generate at clubs to make it a bit more realistic. In FM10, you'd usually be swimming in cash after 5 yrs with a big club.

They seem to have gotten rid of the "big name signing likely to cause sharp increase in merchanising sales" too.

I've bought some world class players for huge money in various different saves and still haven't seen the message yet.

Anybody else seen that message appear by any chance?

It was pretty realistic, so I hope it's still there - Real's policy is always that they expect to recoup the transfer fees from shirt sales. Then again, that's Real.

thats still in there, got it for sergio aguero at united

I am at home now. Actually I pay to Dallas 2.81 mil.EU/year. So I am in debt of 1 mil.EU/year. I don't care for shirt sales as of now, but wondering is it possible in this version to loose money from the commercial link? Also in how many years would the sales go up? Are there any factors besides the big signings, and success that will effect the merchandising income? For ex. Dallas have 4 more affiliates, but none of them commercial link; would it effect my sales?

Archived