Conceding penalties on crosses and corners.

I am beginning to see a link here;

9 times out of 10, I seem to be conceding penalties on crosses and corners, rather than during a passing move or a clear cut chance with a defender on his tail. In the last game that I just played I conceded a penalty on a cross and then one on a corner, interestingly enough, with no cards being shown either time. Could this be a bug or are my defenders too stupid to jump properly and are just flailing into attaking players and giving away weak penalties? Anyone else noticed this?

I've seen a lot of penalties conceded from corners. Seems to happen particularly when the ball is cleared, it gets banged up to the half way line and one of their players goes down in the box. It doesn't really tell you what actually happened, was it the challenge for the cross? Did they just kick them etc?

Phil Jagielka is particularly adept at conceding penalties from corners.

I haven't conceded a penalty off a corner, but amazingly enough, I've conceded a penalty off of a throw in. They need to make a patch for this because there is no chance a penalty would be given in real life off of a throw in no matter what the defender does.

I have noticed this also - I used to let my assistant manager do the specilist opposition player instructions but I noticed that when he set hard tackling on a specific player (FWD's or AM's) I was very likely to give a penalty away (mostly from corners or crosses). Now I never let him set hard tackling - unless it is to a center mid - and this has resolved the problem. I dont think it is a player stupidity problem as this has happened to me using world class defenders.

Archived