How do i know what teams i can apply for ?

sorry should have worded this better .... i mean which teams that i will actually have a chance to manage

Oh, I suspected there was more to that question... ;)

AFAIK there is no way, not even with FMRTE, to know for sure which clubs are likely to hire you... As a rough guideline you could use your Reputation, but judging by my own experience and by the horror stories many have reported, the chances of you being laughed at for applying even at a mid-table act are quite high.

This year it's probably more about your nationality and the league you've been managing in than about what you have actually won (ie. in-game rep)

You usually get a good idea of the level of clubs you can move to when your name gets linked with other jobs in the media. They usually only link you with jobs you have a chance with. These news items usually happen when a manager is under pressure, or it will say 'so and so' might not renew his contract at the end of the season and they see 'you'/other managers as an ideal replacement.

nations won't hire you even the worst ones, managing in the a-league is a dead end

The strange thing is that in my current save (im not managing in Australia but have the league on) there are quite a few high profile managers taking jobs in Australia. Roy Keane, Bryan Robson and Robert DiMatteo off the top of my head.

So it seams it has enough rep to pull managers in but not enough to get you out.

Archived