Ref Should stop the game

I don't know whether it has discussed or not, but I noticed that referees never stops the game for an injured player. I am playing with the 11.2 Patch, and whenever a player got an injury the players shoot the ball out for the game to be stopped. IRL referees stops the game more often for an injured player, than players shooting the ball outside the pitch. Even some cases when a goalkeeper have an injury, instead of ref players stops the game. I think this should be tweaked in the next patch...

The referee doesnt have to stop the game though, its only for head injuries where the ref will.

Players dont have to kick the ball out either - thats just good sportsmanship.

Not sure about the GKs though, never seen an injured keeper so cant really comment

I am not sure about it.

*stops the match if, in his opinion, a player is seriously injured and

ensures that he is removed from the fi eld of play. An injured player

may only return to the fi eld of play after the match has restarted

*allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is, in

his opinion, only slightly injured

* ensures that any player bleeding from a wound leaves the fi eld

of play. The player may only return on receiving a signal from the

referee, who must be satisfi ed that the bleeding has stopped

This is what I find in this link: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg_en.pdf

So if a ref sees the injury, and if he thinks it is serious he should stop the game. Not only for head injuries. My point is in the game sometimes the game continues for some time until a player kicks out the ball. Even the injured player is in referees eye-sight, he doesn't stop the game. IRL the ref's stops the game before the players kick the ball-out.

For the GK's, they should stop the game even if it is not a seroius injury. GK's sometimes act like they are injured to steal the time, because of this rule. So I think it should be tweaked in 11.3.

Archived