Query for Marc / FM Team

• SI Staff

Without examining your save I can't say for certain - however I'm guessing you've a VERY talented squad and either brought in a new striker or the other strikers have improved recently?

With regards to his ability/potential stars changing - these are relative to your club; so has anything happened which would increase your clubs reputation (ie. done particularly well this season, won a cup, got promoted etc.?).

PS - imho he looks bloody great ... once the update is released if you're able to can you email me the save game as I'd like to check why its reporting in the way it is.

Without examining your save I can't say for certain - however I'm guessing you've a VERY talented squad and either brought in a new striker or the other strikers have improved recently?

With regards to his ability/potential stars changing - these are relative to your club; so has anything happened which would increase your clubs reputation (ie. done particularly well this season, won a cup, got promoted etc.?).

PS - imho he looks bloody great ... once the update is released if you're able to can you email me the save game as I'd like to check why its reporting in the way it is.

Nothing out the ordinary, I won everything that particular season apart from league cup and community shield. As for new players I promoted a few youth players and bought the first 6 star english keeper Ive ever seen (My first purchase over 2mil)

Will send you the save file after the update no prob

Another odd thing was the media called Serrano a goal machine recently (hes only scored 6 so far this season) where as Mohamed has scored 21

I pay absolutely no attention to my scouts or assistant in this version of FM.

When I play the full version of FM, scouts and assistants are useful, but in FMHi '11 they're completely worthless.

When I'm scouting players for instance, I'll find a 16 year old kid with great attributes in key areas for his position, yet my scout will say he's garbage... I'll buy the kid anyway, and after 2 seasons on loan, he'll be one of the top players in the premiership.

Can anything be done to improve the impact of scouts?

• SI Staff

When the update arrives it'll allow people to grab save games and transfer them around the place - if you can provide me a game with an example of duff scout reports then I'd be more than happy to look at improving this side of things.

I pay absolutely no attention to my scouts or assistant in this version of FM.

When I play the full version of FM, scouts and assistants are useful, but in FMHi '11 they're completely worthless.

When I'm scouting players for instance, I'll find a 16 year old kid with great attributes in key areas for his position, yet my scout will say he's garbage... I'll buy the kid anyway, and after 2 seasons on loan, he'll be one of the top players in the premiership.

I've noticed that actually. Had two players scouted. One had great stats and the other had modest stats (both were young players). Scout came back to tell me that the player with great stats wasn't good enough for the club and the other player would be a decent signing.

I've noticed that actually. Had two players scouted. One had great stats and the other had modest stats (both were young players). Scout came back to tell me that the player with great stats wasn't good enough for the club and the other player would be a decent signing.

Just like in real life sometimes you need to go with your gut feeling. The scouts will obviously base their decision on how he is currently playing, which with regens / youth is hard to gauge if they arnt playing at all. If they are already a first team players or generally already have their name in the spotlight then a scout will usually pop up with the general hes good, sign him at all costs blah blah blah.

My advice if you want to invest in youth is to shortlist every single 0-21 player in your first season (WARNING - this takes a very long time, but is worth it and neccesary to spot regens). And try not to spend any money. (There are some good freebies for lower league teams like Vassell and Dida). Second season, go through the regens and just sign anyone you think has good stats (I never pay more than 1mil personally), put them on intensive and play them from the bench or loan them out for some game experience. As you see above that fella of mine was bought for 275k, and look how he has turned out.

If they dont turn out too good you'll still get 5+ mil return on your investment.

Just like in real life sometimes you need to go with your gut feeling. The scouts will obviously base their decision on how he is currently playing, which with regens / youth is hard to gauge if they arnt playing at all. If they are already a first team players or generally already have their name in the spotlight then a scout will usually pop up with the general hes good, sign him at all costs blah blah blah.

My advice if you want to invest in youth is to shortlist every single 0-21 player in your first season (WARNING - this takes a very long time, but is worth it and neccesary to spot regens). And try not to spend any money. (There are some good freebies for lower league teams like Vassell and Dida). Second season, go through the regens and just sign anyone you think has good stats (I never pay more than 1mil personally), put them on intensive and play them from the bench or loan them out for some game experience. As you see above that fella of mine was bought for 275k, and look how he has turned out.

If they dont turn out too good you'll still get 5+ mil return on your investment.

Good knowledge :thup:

Archived