Releasing All Players

I've just taken over lower league team Sweden and looking at the squad there all pretty bad, So I was thinking about relasing them all and starting from scratch.

I'm just wondering if someone has done this for before and is it worth doing or will make it harder for me.

Thanks

Interestingly, I usually do the same thing when I start with a lower league club.

Mainly though, it's because I'll have a tactical approach in mind and want to build my own squad around it as quickly as possible. I don't do things haphazardly though. I'll only get rid of the original players, if I have replacements. I'll only release players on a free transfer, if they can't be sold or won't accept a mutual contract termination.

Invariably, it's the same thing with the existing staff. Unless fortunate enough to have existing staff members who fit what I require, then I'll usually look to mutually terminate their contracts, or release them if they won't accept.

Overall, it can be costly in the short term if you have to terminate contracts and pay compensation. The positives have always outweighed the negatives for me though, as I'm often able to assemble my new squad, for considerably less wages than the original squad was earning. I usually only sign free agents and players from amateur clubs, as there's no fees or compensation involved with the latter usually.

Financially, trying to attract some bigger clubs to play pre-season friendlies can usually knock a sizeable chunk of any debts. When you negotiate player contracts though, don't forget to haggle! The lower you can keep their wages, the less expenditure your club has. Player wages are always likely to be one of the highest outgoings for your club.

I wouldn't say it's worth releasing them all, the whole squad can't be that bad can they ??!?! Especially if you're a small club it's not worth the fees to release players. Let go the ones at the end of their contracts then try and sell/exchange the others you don't want. At least you might be able to bring in some money that way

Archived