Buying and paying for players of x amount of months.

Question,

If I buy a player and pay the sum up, i.e 1m down, 6 over 48 months, why does the full sum come out of my transfer budget straight away? Surely, the whole point is to pay it off, and if it does off straight away, the option to pay it off is pointless?

The full sum shouldnt - the ammount that you have to pay in that season should come out immediately (EG if it was 10 million over 24 months then 5million should come out immediately and 5million will be deducted from next years transfer budget)

they havent actually gone bankrupt though have they? or they would no longer exist, they just went into administration which is the stage before going bankrupt

Yes - TECHNICALLY they werent bankrupt - but its a massive grey area. If it wasnt a football club, they would have been bankrupt. Therefore I will retract my previous statement and replace it with:

Tell that to Portsmouth.

They went to the brink of bankrupt owing huge sums to other clubs, which had it not have been for the rule in football that you pay back football creditors first before other creditors can take anything, then would have not been able to fulfill their tranfer fees.

Archived