I am happy ... but things are very weird.

I am managing Bradford and I have one of the best teams in the world. Have won the premier league twice in a row and well on my way to the third title. Here are a couple of facts and questions.

1. I have about a 5 million euro deficit a month, the chairman always steps in and cover the depths. Its really a bad financial project I am in charge of, but nevertheless the chairman just bought a 245 million euro stadium. I can understand thinking of the future but financially it just doesnt add up. I have about 35k spectators for my games.

2. The following is mended by the above. I cant sell anything ... well, unless I am willing to settle for normal value or half value for reserve players. I can understand the latter, but I cant get anything for the worlds best playmaker .. he is worth 28 million euro, has a release clause of 35 million .. and yet, not a single club would pay what I would be willing to pay .. for him ... I would pay around 55 million euro. He is astonishing and consistent ... currently I cant negotiate a higher release clause, but it doesnt seem to matter.

3. I have conceded 5 goals in 23 matches .. (dont score much though) .. is that a new record? where can I find such records for the premier league on the web?

4. All my opponents keepers do well, even if they look to have the lousiest stats on earth ... what is it with keepers and FM?

These are very different questions, so please take your time to answer whatever you feel like while being a bit constructive. Thank you in advance.

No that's what he'd pay to get him. The problem is that the other clubs won't even pay the 35M release clause.

I've noticed the same really, it's way too easy to hang on to good players because the AI clubs won't ever make an offer higher than the value of the player (unless you go around offering him without transfer listing, that can help a bit).

Do you usually pay almost double what a player is worth? If the answer is yes, then that might explain why you're losing 5 million a month.

"The problem is that the other clubs won't even pay the 35M release clause."

Why should they? He's not being released. He's being transferred. The release clause has nothing to do with his transfer value.

Do you usually pay almost double what a player is worth? If the answer is yes, then that might explain why you're losing 5 million a month.

"The problem is that the other clubs won't even pay the 35M release clause."

Why should they? He's not being released. He's being transferred. The release clause has nothing to do with his transfer value.

Yes, it does. A release clause of 35M means that the club can't get anything more than that from a sale. It's a lot of money, but if he's one of the best in the world someone should be willing to pay it eventually. It may turn out that he's Mr. Bradford, has a loyalty of 20, and other clubs know he wouldn't accept their contracts, but if that's the case he'd probably be willing to get rid of the release clause. AI teams and human teams both pay over "value" all the time.

I was managing Palermo for about 5 seasons and left because I won every game in the league (I think?) and only conceded like 5 goals or something redonkulous like that.

I had bought Simon Kjaer, Paulo Henrique, Neymar, Abel Hernandez etc. (Keep in mind that Hernandez is at Palermo at the start of the game. In one season he trashed the clubs scoring record and I got a message about "Fans Idolising Him in a God like figure" And not in 5 seasons did ANY team come in for a bid worthy of one of my players. I got some crappy offers for other players but nothing substantial.

then as soon as I take over at Man Utd - Simon Kjaer is sold to Man City for 46m and Hernadez is sold off for 56m.

But not once (and 3 seasons at Utd now) have I had the AI come to me with an exceptional bid for any World Class player I have signed.

Keep in mind that this is my 3rd Career game - as I start a new game when each patch is released.

Archived