Selling Players

Hello all,

(not a moan, just a little confused....not played an FM in awhile :) )

Managing in Spain lower division and I need two of my players to leave because of squad registration surplus. One is a keeper, other is right mid. I'm having trouble transferring them.

Right Mid: offered to clubs, no go.... any suggestions of what to do? Would like to not terminate his contract.

Keeper: offered to clubs, reluctance to leave=no response....surely other people have came across this. Do i try to make him mad?

One last thing...can you register and register again later? Ex. If I leave out a striker for one match, I can play him in the next?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't remember the rules of registration of the second division B in Spain(check the league rules) but i don't think you can register players in and out like that outside of the transfer window i could be wrong..

About the transfers if it's your first season and those players just had joined the club then it's hard to sell them right away.. not much you can do about it except leaving them on reserves or B team and try to get rid of them in January..

Yes, the first season, currently in the first transfer window. (June or July I forget) It looks like I could register again right now. Do you mean after this window I wouldn't be able to? It would be "locked"?

Since I'm only allowed to have 2 keepers and I have 3... selecting them as "out" would let them still be on the team but ineligibile to play?

Thx for the responses.

I just had a quick check of the rules.. and yes outside of the transfer window(between june and august and during january) the registration is locked so you can't leave them out..

The only exception is players from a free transfer that can be registered outside of that window, but you would still need to left a vacant spot for them.. and players younger than 18 don't need to be registered.

Really strict rules.. only a squad of 22 players!

Yea haha I didn't realize it til I took the job! Sorry about all the questions but outside of the window... if they aren't registered in the squad... are they:

a) on the team but not able to play

or

b) not even on the team anymore I thought it was "a" but wasn't sure :)

Archived