Is there a way to improve consistency?

if you play young players regularly they might improve consistency by 1 or 2 points (max i've seen is 3 but it is REALLY rare), other than that it is pretty much stuck.

as for important matches, i've never seen it change one bit no matter what i did.

Attributes like Consistency, Important Matches, Injury proneness follow an "Event-based development" in FM. For e.g., If a player plays regularly and puts in impressive performances on a regular basis, it would improve his consistency attribute. If the player tends to perform well in important, high-pressure matches quite often, it would increase his important matches attribute. If the player suffers too many long-term injuries over time, it would raise his injury proneness attribute. I've noticed consistency improving for one of my key players over 2 seasons from 11 to 14. I'm not sure about the other 2 attributes, but I'm sure I read a detailed thread about it somewhere.

fining for poor performances improves determination/workrate, and fining for red cards decreases agression but dunno about dirtiness

Agreed, except for the Work Rate part. Work Rate is actually a trainable attribute, and that too a Physical one (Strength training), so you won't it change by just telling the player off.

Agreed, except for the Work Rate part. Work Rate is actually a trainable attribute, and that too a Physical one (Strength training), so you won't it change by just telling the player off.

Work rate can improve if you fine a player for poor performance, I've done it myself ^^

Attributes like Consistency, Important Matches, Injury proneness follow an "Event-based development" in FM. For e.g., If a player plays regularly and puts in impressive performances on a regular basis, it would improve his consistency attribute. If the player tends to perform well in important, high-pressure matches quite often, it would increase his important matches attribute. If the player suffers too many long-term injuries over time, it would raise his injury proneness attribute. I've noticed consistency improving for one of my key players over 2 seasons from 11 to 14. I'm not sure about the other 2 attributes, but I'm sure I read a detailed thread about it somewhere.

I agree with that...

Work rate can improve if you fine a player for poor performance, I've done it myself ^^

Are you sure? Well, if you have, then I won't argue with you. Just seems illogical that if an attribute can be improved by a simple scolding, why waste training on improving it.

it's sad to see some youngsters with massive PA having consistency of less than 10, and there are a lot of them in my save

I sueggest playing them whenever you get a chance, like in Cup matches, or those against weaker opposition, or as subs in important matches when your team's doing well. Do this regularly enough and they'll become more consistent overtime.

I've just warned a player for poor performance and his determination and work-rate both went up by one notch after he accepted the warning. The other player I warned never budged, but he felt that the warning was harsh so maybe the player has to accept that they are in the wrong for the improvement in attributes (and it doesn't have to be a fine)

Archived