Making a profit...

Forgive me if any of you think this a daft question, but how do you make a profit (or at least a small loss) I seem to be losing £3million per month which after a season means instead of Sunderland being rich, we'll end up with 'insecure' funds etc. My wage budget is currently at £850,000.

Any answers welcome, cheers

Forgive me if any of you think this a daft question, but how do you make a profit (or at least a small loss) I seem to be losing £3million per month which after a season means instead of Sunderland being rich, we'll end up with 'insecure' funds etc. My wage budget is currently at £850,000.

The TV money at the end of the season (or pre-season, can't remember) essentially balances out the losses that are incurred on a monthly basis during the season.

Generally, your wage budget is an indication on "breaking even".

A lot of income comes at the end of the season - prize money, etc. That normally pushes my teams into the black. I play as Everton, and lost between half a million and 3 million a month (or more, if the transfer window is open), but make money every season because of what comes in.

Don't expect to make a monthly profit, look at it across the year. I get 1/4 of my yearly income in august from season ticket sales and another quarter in may from champions league and premier league prize money/tv money.

Ive made a loss in 10 out of 12 months, but made a profit each year because of those reasons.

I haven't managed Sunderland in FM11, but I have in pretty much every other release as I'm from Sunderland and a Sunderland fan - as you may gather by my username ;)

I suspect, in this release, the wage bill is pretty high, due to a large squad and an inflated wage bill due to the profligacy of Keane and Quinn in years gone by, before Ellis Short added realism to the picture.

Flog off who you can, you'll find plenty of players on wages above their abiliity. This is why, IRL, Steve Bruce is desperately trying to move the likes of Ferdinand on.

After that, its all about adding value i.e. buy good young players, then sell them at a profit and / or get them to propel Sunderland to European football where you'll get extra revenue streams :)

Yeah Ferdinand on £50,000 and the likes of Nosworth and Killgallon all on £25,000. Needless to say I've sold Anton and a few more. (cancelled Onuoha's loan £35,000) I'm aiming for a top half finish and maybe sneak into the Europa Cup and a good Cup run although being drawn away to Arsenal in the 3rd round of the league cup is sods law!!!

Archived