Future transfers and wage budgets

Hello all,

Don't know if this subject was raised before, but I couldn't find it.

Let's say I have a wage budget of 400K per week, and currently am spending 450K on wages. If I try to sign a player, any player, and it doesn't matter which squad status I set for him, because I'm exceeding the budget.

Now, let's say if I had 2 more players joining me at the end of the season, when I'm trying to sign new players, it would have appeared under the "future transfers" section on the bottom right corner.

The problem is, if I have 3 players leaving me on future transfers, why is that not showing on the "future transfers" section? if a player has agreed to join me in June, and his future wage is set to 30K, 30K will show under "future transfers" section, but if I have a player leaving me in June, and his current wage is 30K, why does that not show in "future transfers" section? there should be "-30K", in the meaning that 30K will come of the wage budget when the player leaves the club. This way you could use in negotiations with future signings.

Hope I was clear enough, and would love to receive an answer on this.

i would imagine, they will warn you that you have already added money onto the wage bill so watch out when adding more, but they will not give you the extra 30k a week in wages until the player leaves, just like they do not take the future earnings of your transfers off the budget until they have actually arrived at the club. The fact your so far over your wage budget will work against you here and although you are due to sell 3 players, they have not left the club yet, so you are still paying for them, so the money is not free to use as you see fit.

Can't see a reason for that. If closed deals wages that are going to arrive are considered, so should wages of players who have already signed a contract with a diffrent club.

they are not taken off your budget until the day they arrive, you will get warned that you have these wages due to be added and you should take note before committing to any more deals, but they are not already on your wage bill or their future wages does not come off your budget.

Players may be due to leave but they are still at your club and on your wage bill. Very few pro clubs will take a chance spending someones allocated wage allowance before they actually leave the club.

they are not taken off your budget until the day they arrive, you will get warned that you have these wages due to be added and you should take note before committing to any more deals, but they are not already on your wage bill or their future wages does not come off your budget.

Players may be due to leave but they are still at your club and on your wage bill. Very few pro clubs will take a chance spending someones allocated wage allowance before they actually leave the club.

I'm sorry, but I think you didn't understand my point exactly. I know they are not taken off your wage budget, but they are shown in the "future transfers" section, when you negotiate terms with new players. It is calculated already, but not take off.

My problem is, that I do not understand why the same thing doesn't happen with players who are leaving the club? why are their wage not calculated?

I'll make it simple: the way I see it is if I have a 400K wage budget, with future transfers of 50K, the 50K are calculated for the future, whereas if a player with 50K in my club is leaving, his wage is not calculated to go off in the end of the season.

It's probably more to do with the fact that you don't actually know what next season's wage budget is going to be until you give your pre-season expectations...

all sorts of things can affect how much you'll get: how successful you've been this season, how much money is in the bank, how much money the club expect to have coming in over the next season from sponsorship, tv, prize money and season tickets, and so on..

whilst your wage budget this season is 400k, next season it might be less, or stay the same.. it won't necessarily increase and you are already over-budget by 12.5%!

Archived