Player has to be under 18 when he joins the club to get the home grown status, but...

"Player has to be under 18 when he joins the club to get the home grown status"

I don't think that's entirely correct. A player can be 18 when he joins the club as long as he finishes the season in which he turns 21. Denilson, for example, joined Arsenal when he was 18 yr and 6.5 month, but is considered a homegrown player.

I recall someone submitted this as a bug. Not sure if it's fixed in 11.2 or will be fixed in 11.3.

A player can be 18 when he joins the club as long as he finishes the season in which he turns 21. Denilson, for example, joined Arsenal when he was 18 yr and 6.5 month, but is considered a homegrown player.

I thought this was the case, but I signed Neymar for Chelsea when he was 18, but he has no due date for homegrown status.

It would be nice if it told you whether of not the player is young enough to become homegrown in a scouting report or during a transfer bid,

This would be a great addition to the game. Someone who has more enthusiasm then me should try to push this to someone who can add it to the game.

"Player has to be under 18 when he joins the club to get the home grown status"

I don't think that's entirely correct. A player can be 18 when he joins the club as long as he finishes the season in which he turns 21. Denilson, for example, joined Arsenal when he was 18 yr and 6.5 month, but is considered a homegrown player.

I recall someone submitted this as a bug. Not sure if it's fixed in 11.2 or will be fixed in 11.3.

Unfortunately, that is not how it works in this version of the game. I'm positive it was so in FM 2010, but this time around, the player should be 'at your club' for the entire duration from the day he turns 18 to his 21st b'day. I've tested this a number of times, and even this patch does not seem to have fixed it.

sorry but a question here:

when I sort the players according to homegrown status, why are there some players who break the line up from top to bottom ? eg A(homegrown in x years)

B(homegrown in x years)

C

D(homegrown in x years)

notice C has no homegrown status and will not obtain one, but somehow he appears in between when I sort the players according to homegrown status. Always notice that players like C tend to be young, eg. 21, 22 years old. Anyone else has this?

Archived