Finishing 4th but only qualifying for the Euro Cup?

I've just fininshed my second season with Burnley and after managing to get Burnley promoted in my thier first season, I managed to achieve 4th place in the league securing my position at 4th on the last day of the season. Originally as expected I was awarded a position in the Champions Cup but also at the same time a Euro Cup place which I didnt understand. I checked the league table and it still said that I had qualified for the Champions cup and not the Euro Cup so I assumed the message was just an error. Then on the 10th of May I got another message stating that I had qualified for the Euro Cup and my status on the lague table was changed to having qualified for the Euro Cup. At first I assumed that the eithier 5th place Liverpool or 6th place Chelsea had won the Champions League but neither had done so. So I am left wondering why I have only be awarded a Euro Cup place when I was inially given a Champion Cup Position. I wouldn't be so worried about it apart from the fact that the finncail windfall of the champions league is massive so to miss out on such a paypacket due to an game error would really effect my team severely.

Thanks for any help in advance

I thought that at first but the season just gone was only the 2011-2012 season and as Man Utd are in the final of the Champions Cup (they won the Premier Division) I don't think that the reputation of England would be reduced enough to lose a Champions Cup spot

I've just got another message on the 22nd May (the day after the Champions Cup Final) saying that I've now qualified for the Champions Cup and my league status has been changed, So I think the game has managed to sort itself out but the amount of different messages I have been getting it may well change again. Sorry for wasting peoples time.

I've just got another message on the 22nd May (the day after the Champions Cup Final).

Well that makes sense then. The game neglected to realise that Man Utd had already qualified for the Champions League, so it thought "I better save a spot for Man Utd in case they qualify by winning the Champions League". Of course, they already had via the league, so it could've saved you the confusion by realising that (no matter the result of the final) it was inevitable that you'd qualify too. It's a minor bug, but it would be a very easy fix so it may be worth mentioning in the Bugs forum if you can be bothered.

Archived