FMHi 11 Reserves

At the moment there is no reserve league in the iPhone or PSP version.

It would probably help develop your young or fringe players and is a suggestion we would happily take on board.

Other clubs don't have a reserve squad that they use and will generally keep squad levels reasonably low compared to the user.

It would be good as you could see how your young and fringe players do in the reserves and put them in the first team if they do well. It will also help give them match practice and slowly come back from injury.

Reading from previous posts it seems that the iphone app in been held back by the psp. I hope they stop it for the psp as it will allow greater freedom for the iphone and you could put so much more in it.

The current alternative is to try and send players out on loan to get match experience and see how they perform. As with real life, this is probably a better option than reserve team football anyway as competitive football for lower league teams is much more beneficial than reserve football for your team.

Agree with loaning, but on the short term, for a player with a dip in form or returning from injury, it would be great to put them in the reserves for 1-2 games. I don't think we need actual games, but simply overtime in the reserves their form will change based on reserve matches, that we don't actually need to see.

Yes it would be good if dropping a player to the reserves was a way of giving them a kick up the behind if they are playing poorly or as a match fitness boost if they have been out injured.

I've always been hesitant to drop my players into the Reserves because they seem so.. dormant? Would it affect the development of my young players if I were to put them there for a season? Sent a couple out on loan but they don't seem to get games there.

Landed here after a quick Google search -- just what is that Reserves button for anyway? I was hoping I could promote players up to first team, but I don't see anything that makes that possible (unless it's someone I've already demoted). I just have this list of grayed out players who's basic stats I can admire.

Thanks much.

For the moment, the Reserves is best used as a place to demote players to in order to free up space in the first team. There is a limit of 36 players to both the first team and reserve team squad. When you have 36 players in your first team and want to buy a 37th player, you are able to demote a player to the reserves and then sign the 37th player. You are able to promote any player in white text, 'active' players. The grey players are not active and therefore cannot be promoted. The attributes of the grey or 'inactive; players is somewhat misleading and their values are more or less irrelevant, seeing as they are not player that you can use.

Something that I would personally like to see, as I guess several others would too, is the ability to sign a grey or 'inactive' player. This is possible in the PC version and would be really helpful in the iPhone version too. Right now I wouldn't expect to see it in the short term but rest assured that the QA team is always pushing for things that we want in the game because we play the game as well.

Couldn't this be done in the same way as it's done for teams in leagues you don't have activated? That is, there wouldn't be an acual league that you could follow the matches of, but the players would still play matches every now and then.

Also I don't know if this is a inteded feature or not, but when I go to Player > Action, I can only choose Offer Contract and Promote. Just because my player is in the reserves, should I not still be able to choose e.g. Transfer Status, Coach Report, Release, and so on?

This is an important question.Do Players lose their transfer status once they get demoted?

A player you have transfer listed will remain transfer listed if you demote that player to the reserve squad, if that's what you're asking. However, currently the player will have to be in the first team squad for you to change a player's transfer status. Any changes you make will though stick if you decide to demote that player to the reserve squad.

Archived