New Patch and steam

I am massively in need of help, as after my steam updated me to the new patch it has now stated that i need to use the disc to play the game, whereas before i could run it off my steam account.

Now normally i wouldn't be worried but have now finished univeristy til after new years and my disc is there (hundreds of miles away), is there anyway i can get this sorted???

Any help would be appreciated.

P.s as soon as poss as am rather enjoying my current file :)

It decided to install the patch at same time as update for anutha game on my steam account which created fault, therefore i re-installed patch and nw it wants the disc, is there a way to sort this???

P.s please say yes as i'm afraid call of duty doesn't match up to FM :(

If you have manually installed a patch over a Steam game, then you will need to uninstall the game and then reinstall and activate through steam. You will not lose any saves from the previous games, but may need to reactivate with the code ( I am not 100% sure one way or the other )

if it does need the activation code, does anyone have an idea how i may be able to get this without the need to pick up the game, as won't have chance to go back until new year and that seems an awful long time without FM (thanks for all the help so far)

i bought the game in disc form but dont have my copy with me... is there anyway i can get the activation code without getting the game itself as i won't have chance til after new year??

if you bought the disc version, then why are you using steam? you're going to the need the disc no matter what.

no you don't as you register it to your steam account therefore enabling you to play the game on more then one laptop, this is done through the activation code that i don't have, therefore validating my question of is there a method to get this activation code?? possibly through steam (who i have nw emailed) or i dnt kno if it can be extracted from my steam account as it can still be used on my other computers

Try right clicking on the game in the Steam client, then go to "properties" and then "local files". First try the "Verify integrity of game cache" option and start the game, and if that doesn't help, try the "delete local game content", which should delete all files but keep your activation. Then quit and restart Steam, find FM 2011 on your games list and click on "Install" to reinstall it.

You may want to locate your save game files first and back them up, though.

Archived