new stadium

My 'request for a new stadium' option has been greyed out for a few seasons.

I have *not* been told there will be one built, and there is no 'progress bar' in the board request status screen.

The mouse-over for a new stadium says 'board request is currently being actioned', and for 'expand stadium', it says 'planning to build a new one'. There is no evidence for either of these anywhere.

Anyone got any idea why? Can SI confirm this is being looked at?

• 2 months later...
My 'request for a new stadium' option has been greyed out for a few seasons.

I have *not* been told there will be one built, and there is no 'progress bar' in the board request status screen.

The mouse-over for a new stadium says 'board request is currently being actioned', and for 'expand stadium', it says 'planning to build a new one'. There is no evidence for either of these anywhere.

Anyone got any idea why? Can SI confirm this is being looked at?

Having exact same problem as this. Been grayed out and saying "being actioned" for at least 3 seasons now. I don't remember getting any message about the board actually planning a new stadium. And before that when I could still ask them to build one they always said it's not needed at this time. (I'm playing as Liverpool, btw if that matters, in 2021 now).

So does any one know how long it'll take to finish the new stadium, or if this is a bug and it's not actually being built? I don't really care that much as I can generate more than enough money with current Anfield. Just would like to know if I should keep holding my breath or just forget about it. Thx.

• 3 weeks later...

I am Gloucester City, currently in League 1 and about to be promoted to the Championship. I fill out Whaddon Road which is 7.5k and im looking to move to a new stadium as Cheltenham own the stadium so i can't get it expanded.

I've continually asked the board to build a new stadium, i have 8.2m, and they have continually said no. Now however the option is greyed out and is states "board requested is currently being actioned". I have never received a news piece regarding a new stadium and there is nothing under facilities. Am i stuck with this option greyed out forever and therefore stuck with a 7.5k stadium?

My stadium is finally being built after 4-5 seasons of greyed out and no news. It's supposed to take 2 years to build and now it's half way done. Can't wait for the good times...with more tickets sales I'm now aiming to build Liverpool into the richest club in the game. Only about 500M more to catch Barca.

most seasons have finished by May so because the date set is in late june it may fall once the new cycle has started so you will need to wait till the end of the current season

But surely then the question is, why bother having the bar at all? For example, I have a board request status bar right now (for Youth Facilities) which is "Started 26/6/19 - Completion 10/7/20" but if it really can only be actioned at the end of season point, why doesn't it just say "Completion xx/5/21"?

Archived