Player Positions..................why have they been re-labelled?

Can someone explain to me why the position labels have been tweaked? It seems like they have been simplified which, to me, has had a negative effect.

For example, all forwards are now SC, which as we know in the modern game, not every man that plays as an attacker is a central striker. I thought that previously even the FC and SC was a bit basic and I would have argued that there was need for more definition of player roles which is why i am disappointed with this backwards step. I think that centre forward, striker and second striker would have been applicable, I know that there is the small description of how the players play but that isn't really useful as it changes depending on reputation.

Now, all attacking midfielders are labelled as midfielders too which again, in the modern game isn't always the case. an AMC isn't ALWAYS a MC a DMC is always a MC. I think SI needs to take a look at this because although it may only be a minor detail to others, for me, it is a detail that ruins the game for me.

I'm honestly confused; you are saying that this ruins the game for you? Granted, sometimes I check the positions tab for player to see what their natural position is, but I would hardly say that it has any negative effect on my enjoyment of the game whatsoever. A player's attritbutes are a pretty good guide if a player is suited for example to an anchor man or an advanced play maker role. Likewise you can tell if a striker is more suitable to be a target man, or deep lying. Or are you talking about something else?

You now get instant information of exactly what position a player can play in, in addition his exact position on the pitch. I accept its horses and courses but how someone can say it ruins the game for them is biazzare

Archived