Help, I suck!

Im new to football manager and I just started a campaign with Newcastle!

It all started out fine, I had a great start on the season with 4 wins, a draw and a loss in my first 6 matches, but since that I have played 11 matches, I haven won and my team has only managed to score 2 goals!! 1 goal in the last 10 matches. This is clearly not just a bad streak, this is me doing something absolutely wrong - at least that's my theory.

I play 4-4-1-1 and I have done in so in most matches. In the start I played with high pressure, high aggression, direct passes and counter attack and it worked well, at least the results were great. However even though I didnt change anything it just suddenly started to go wrong. Obviously I change small things from match to match, but I didnt make any spectacular changes to the way I play. The last 5 matches or so I have played more defensive with without high pressure and aggresion, but it hasnt helped The condition of my players are at least 95% on match day, and obviously the morale of my players is very low right now.

Btw, my assistant takes care of the training as I am new to the game, but my players are happy with the training.

Does anyone think they can help?

If you aren't scoring it might be worth trying to get some more support up to your front man. Either with a second striker or AML/R. If it's a problem of conceding goals then if you can work out if its teams hitting you on the counter or just creating pressure through possession you can counter it by playing a bit deeper so there's no space in behind or by flooding the midfield.

Normally it's just a case of keeping at it though, as naz says. Morale plays a big part in Fm11 so if you can just get one good win morale will improve and results will come more easily.

Just a bit of advice on training, just read though the Tactics and Training Tips and there are some threads that explain training in more depth, just read some of them and test out your own training and see which helps your players improve most. Also they might be liking the default training because its not very intense, but different players need different training schedules to improve certain aspects of their game.

I think what's important in the beginning is:

1. Set match preparation to "Team blend"

2. Don't juggle your tactic too much, let your team learn it to fluid (match preparation)

3. Win friendlies with your U19 to boost morale

No, reasons; friendlies with u19 will make your players feel too complacent come season, match preperation = less training or too heavy training as it takes 10% of workload, but agree with number 2

No, reasons; friendlies with u19 will make your players feel too complacent come season, match preperation = less training or too heavy training as it takes 10% of workload, but agree with number 2

you're a little wrong. Im playing arsenal and i set my match prepartion to full (very heavy) for the whole season and all i do is rotate from team blend to attacking set pieces through out. My players are barely effected by it, theyr often at the 98-100% condition right before a match

Archived