How often do facilities degrade?

S.G.

I didn't know they did.

Expand please!!! What do you know?

The quality of your youth/training facilities degrade periodically. So even after you max them out, in a few seasons time you'll find you are able to upgrade them again. What I want to know is specifically how fast they degrade.

Didn't happen to me in the first 10 seasons, so I would say not often. Maybe when you get into financial problems and cannot afford to support them.

Okay fair enough, I thought it was faster than that for some reason.

The person to ask is dafuge. He had an 80-year campaign with one team which included 4 stadia (was just reading the thread last night).

Its quite a read that is! But I too didnt know facilities downgrade. I just thought they eventually got to a level where they couldnt be upgraded anymore and the option is greyed out

My Boavista training facilities downgraded in my second week ie about 7th July 2010.

I'm actually impressed that they have modelled this facilities downgrade effectively in Boavista's case. Boavista are in complete turmoil, both in financial and sporting teams, going from one of the top clubs in Portugal to the third tier, with massive debts. Under such circumstances, it would be unrealistic to expect their training and youth facilities to stay at their previous levels. Stadium upkeep would also become a problem.

I'm actually impressed that they have modelled this facilities downgrade effectively in Boavista's case. Boavista are in complete turmoil, both in financial and sporting teams, going from one of the top clubs in Portugal to the third tier, with massive debts. Under such circumstances, it would be unrealistic to expect their training and youth facilities to stay at their previous levels. Stadium upkeep would also become a problem.

Yeah, the West Stand got shut in March 2011 ish.

The debts are weird though; it doesn't say I have any debts, but I'm paying 80 grand in interest and debt repayment a month. Very odd.

My man utd facilities downgraded after 3 seasons somthing along the lines of due to advancing technologies our training facilities are no longer the best in the league....

I suppose this makes sense, but in real life that wouldnt result in the facilities being less effective than they currently were (downgraded), just not as effective as others. Am I right in saying that facilities range from 1-20? What the board said to you would suggest that a new level (21-?) is introduced. Obviously it hasnt been due to the database in this sense not being dynamic and it being hard-fixed programming.

So basically they were downgraded, just so they could say they need upgrading to make it realistic

Archived