Blue Square N/S Youngsters

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">young players in the blue square division most of them are not very fast i mean even though there footballing skills arent that great but the players are young they should be fast </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have always thought this, i played at sunday league and people were still quick, a lot i ran with in 100m so youd think there wuld be some jst physically good but not technically. and premiership players are always quick and physically and mentally strong, whereas in real life they are stupid enough to cheat on thier wifes and think they can get away with it.

I've always felt this too. There are plenty of fast players lower down the leagues who don't know what to do with the ball when it comes to them. Perhaps even more so big target men who are exceptionally good at Jumping. You can't tell me that there are loads of Premiership strikers better at jumping than those in the lower leagues, it's just that they tend to do something useful with the headers when they win them.

The aspects that work against the pace of a player at the lower level should all be covered by things like fitness, stamina, natural fitness, part-time training etc so that they don't need to be given poor pace just so they aren't world beaters!

Archived