Can someone tell me why..

My game is running slow when processing fixtures! My comp spec is;

SONY VAIO VPCEE2M1E

AMD ATHLON II P320 DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR 2.10 GHZ

4.00 GB RAM

64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM

ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 4200 SERIES

500 GB HARD DRIVE

I mean how many leagues shoul I run? Is it to do with cos I have downloaded logo etc? Anyone got an explanation or?

Cheers

I suppose it depends on what you class as slow.

I am running 30 leagues from 12 nations, all playable with a large database on a Macbook pro, 2Ghz dual core processor, 4GB Ram while running Windows 7 in Parallels, Apple Mail, iTunes, and Safari and don't find speed a real issue. It has taken me 2 days and 10 hours to complete a season but I end up having FM running for a lot of that time doing nothing as I am at work and only play between tasks.

I suppose it depends on what you class as slow.

I am running 30 leagues from 12 nations, all playable with a large database on a Macbook pro, 2Ghz dual core processor, 4GB Ram while running Windows 7 in Parallels, Apple Mail, iTunes, and Safari and don't find speed a real issue. It has taken me 2 days and 10 hours to complete a season but I end up having FM running for a lot of that time doing nothing as I am at work and only play between tasks.

Hmm maybe I'm been abit impatient then lol! how many leagues would you recommend me using?

Not sure as each person is different. I went for my set up as I like to have the most choice and if I want to change clubs then I have plenty to choose from. Try as many as you can, if you find it too slow, restart a new game with fewer until you find the setup you prefer. I found that the star system is rubbish as I was given half a star for performance but I am happy with my game.

Thats your first problem you bought from PC world, so it was probably sold at £150 - £200 more expensive than its worth. It's probably only DDR2 RAM so thats another problem, you have a lot but it will be slower than DDR3 RAM. Also since its a laptop its more expensive just for the priviledge of getting a laptop. Odds are your RAM and CPU speed don't match up so theres a bottleneck in theresomewhere, which causes games to run slowly.

I cant see any reason as to why your game will be running slow you've got a decent processor for a laptop with 4.2GHz combined & more then enough RAM.

What setting have you got the "processing fixtures" on? if it's on default try setting it to Fastest (Cant interupt)

^ Found in Preferences > General.

I cant see any reason as to why your game will be running slow you've got a decent processor for a laptop with 4.2GHz combined & more then enough RAM.

What setting have you got the "processing fixtures" on? if it's on default try setting it to Fastest (Cant interupt)

Dual core processors doesn't mean you have double the quoted speed. If you run a single program utilising both cores you don't get 4.2Ghz processor speed from a 2.1GHz dual core CPU. Plus, you can have a CPU with reasonable speed but it can still be a low end processor meaning it doesn't really fair well with games or CPU intensive programs.

Dual core processors doesn't mean you have double the quoted speed. If you run a single program utilising both cores you don't get 4.2Ghz processor speed from a 2.1GHz dual core CPU. Plus, you can have a CPU with reasonable speed but it can still be a low end processor meaning it doesn't really fair well with games or CPU intensive programs.

Well if SI haven't made FM to utilize to two cores with low GHz then it's even worse then first imagined.... & if thats the case it's the software whats slow not your computer even more so knowing he has a 64bit OS which tends to process quicker then 32bit OS's

FM can utilise as many cores/threads as it needs to. It doesn't distribute the load evenly but with my i7 920 with multi-threading on it can use all 8 threads when it really needs to. It only needs to when its starting up the game though, each core for me is at 4.2ghz, which would give the assumption each thread has 2.1ghz to play with. Usually FM has 2 threads running at 40 - 50%, 2 running at 20 - 25% and the other 4 not in use.

FM can utilise as many cores/threads as it needs to. It doesn't distribute the load evenly but with my i7 920 with multi-threading on it can use all 8 threads when it really needs to. It only needs to when its starting up the game though, each core for me is at 4.2ghz, which would give the assumption each thread has 2.1ghz to play with. Usually FM has 2 threads running at 40 - 50%, 2 running at 20 - 25% and the other 4 not in use.

So is there anything I need to do to quicken it up??

Well if SI haven't made FM to utilize to two cores with low GHz then it's even worse then first imagined.... & if thats the case it's the software whats slow not your computer even more so knowing he has a 64bit OS which tends to process quicker then 32bit OS's

What I was indicating is that you cannot simply double, quadruple, etc the CPU speed indicated by the number of cores. A quadruple core 3Ghz processor does not run at 12Ghz. It means each core is running at 3Ghz and can therefore handle each process running faster than on a single core processor which would need to spread more of its speed around. This makes the machine run faster as it can process more items faster but not at double or quadruple the indicated CPU speed.

Archived