At the start........

When you start a new game is there only a select few teams that will employ a sunday league

manager?

I started a game with all the home countries plus RoI and ive been offered zilch,zero,nishmans and its

been just over one game year in.

Any help/comments appreciated.

Andy.

When you start a new game is there only a select few teams that will employ a sunday league

manager?

I started a game with all the home countries plus RoI and ive been offered zilch,zero,nishmans and its

been just over one game year in.

Any help/comments appreciated.

Andy.

I notice you are from the U.S. Perhaps, if you are an American in the game, you aren't being selected because a sunday-league American is bottom of the heap. Try changing your nationality to match one of the countries you are using ... don't know if it would work, but it might help. I know that I, also American, starting using Spanish as my second nationality (which is essentially true in real life), and I seemed to have a slightly better rep (and, of course, I could speak Spanish, which was the original reason I did it).

It's like someone said in a thread a few days back; how many Sunday League standard teams can you think of in the Home Nations?

You might need to set you standards a little lower by either adding in lower divisions to the English game or other countries to your game set up. The only country I have been offered a job in as a Sunday League rep manager is South Africa. You should have more luck with the likes of Hong Kong, Sweden and Norway. Even Sweden and Norway were a little reluctant to hire me at the start of an old game, but amateur teams in the lower leagues of Sweden should be keener if jobs become available.

If you really want to play that way, and good luck to you, then you'll really need options.

I stepped up to ex semi-pro, as I have done on previous games, and it makes getting a job so much easier but I am concerned I might be offered jobs too easily from bigger teams. I was in FM10, but I play so slowly and run such big games that I wanted to get on with something. My FM10 game was a very strangely successful one too, so that may well have had a lot to do with the offers I got.

Good luck in which ever direction you take.

Yeah thanks. I think im going to start a few games with 5/6 countries in each game and see how long it takes to be offered a job. I read the thread your taking about but it didnt really answer the question. Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Andy

Stared with sunday league rep myself with about 8 leagues loaded from around the world as my career game. After a yearI was never offered a job and all jobs I applied for I got rejected or didnt hear back from. I even applied for the police team in South korea and they didnt get back to me and still didnt have a manager after I quit the game. I then changed it to automatic and this worked as I joined a club in the Chinese second division :)

Archived