Starting Unemployed

I'm relatively new to starting a game unemployed. I'm a big Man City fan so i'm usually them every time FM comes out. This year I thought it may be a bit boring and easy and told myself i'd only be them on the demo to get used to things then on the full game do something different.

Keen to start unemployed but not 100% sure about it. Want my reputation to be Sunday league footballer to fit with the scenario that i've been working in football for a bit behind the scenes at a club and i'm now heading into management.

Basically, will this reputation get me a decent job? I don't mind starting in Blue Square North/South if needed but I started on the demo and didn't even get the York job. Is that because it's a quickstart and they appoint the same person every time or is that reputation not enough to get me a job in Blue Square Prem?

Agree with Ginger.

I usually start unemployed with several nations loaded. I enjoy the randomness of the game.

My greatest ever track took me from MLS to Sweden to Serie B to La Liga to Manchester United.

Was quite the climb....

That's similar to what I want to achieve to be honest. Maybe not to the MLS because I'll be starting a game out there as my second save with San Jose :)

A few seasons in MLS really teaches you quite a bit about value shopping the transfer market and out of contract players.

I hope 2011 has the proper salary increase adjustments and new Designated Player Rules! (2 allowed, 3rd available for $250,000 purchase).

Starting unemployed is great fun :) I got a job with Airdrie United - a relegation threatened team in the league immediately below the SPL - and managed them for six years. Avoided relegation every time - but their support base is much lower than other League 1 sides, meaning there wasn't as much money coming in from supporters. I stayed with them for five years though, fell in love with the challenge after getting to the semifinal of the Scottish Cup in the second year. I quit after realising I needed to be more aggressive with my own career, and the FM2011 demo came out. Hard going back to FM2010 now :)

A few seasons in MLS really teaches you quite a bit about value shopping the transfer market and out of contract players.

I hope 2011 has the proper salary increase adjustments and new Designated Player Rules! (2 allowed, 3rd available for $250,000 purchase).

Yeah I had a small game there on 2010, I actually like it unlike some people who can't deal with the rules. I personally found it taught me not to buy loads of players, the team may get better but you end up not being able to meet the July wage cap.

Archived