Why is the crappy player better at free kicks?

I have a Liverpool save where my young Wonderkid (who is 22 now) has a Free Kicks of 18, Flair of 17, Technique 18, Creativity 18 and the PPM "Curls Ball". In 3 seasons every free kick he has taken as a shot (has to be 50+ by now) has hit the wall. Every single one (I started paying attention after the 10th one in a row hitting the wall).

At a save I have of Gloucester in the Blue Square North I have a 20 year old with Free Kick 12, Flair 9, Technique 10, Creativity 8 and no "Curls Ball". He has now scored 4 Free Kicks in 6 games, all of which have curled around the wall. He has no PPMs at all btw.

So how in the world does this Part-Time player with barely any skill do what a Wonderkid who is supposed to be amazing at Free Kicks hasn't been able to do once in 3 years?

Coincidence and luck?

Also, maybe flair is too high and the first player is "showing off"- unlikely, but it's the only explanation I can come up with that doesn't include "luck" in some way.

I have never had anything like this- my players with good attributes for taking free kicks always seem to score a few.

Archived