Deja Vu....bored = holidaying

Hi all,

After 16 or so seasons I have eventually taken AFC Wimbledon to the summit of the English league (16 games gone, 6 points ahead). I have a young team, 55m in the bank and the stadium holds 33,000.

I've only won one cup (the FA CUP last year) and never won a title, but... i am getting bored.

The same thing happened in FM2007 - i got to nearly the top and then quit playing for 3 yrs until picking up FM2010!!

I am not sure what to do, it is not as if the Premiership will be a walk in the park; Man City are dominate and even spent 92m on players two seasons ago... i find that I holiday quite a lot because the games are less exciting when I feel I should win...

What can I do...?

This is a common problem to many FM gamers :(

Having success can be much more boring than struggling, especially as due to the AI squad management you always have an advantage over the AI in the long run. From a certain point on success comes too easy.

However, being bored before actually winning anything is indeed somewhat early ;)

I'd advise you to keep going and bring the title home for a start. You may otherwise be sad at a later date that you missed out on the opportunity to have won some serious silverware.

If you continue to be bored, then I would however look for a new challenge after that and try to repeat what you achieved with Wimbledon. It may also be rewarding and interesting to look for the new challenge in a completely different setting, maybe in Italy, Brazil or Eastern Europe. In which case it may be worth starting a new game for which you could also take into consideration to use some of the mods provided in the editors' hideaway.

hth :)

I normally have to switch teams every so often to keep my interest in the game.

I get a team to the best level I think I can and rather than maintaining it I jump ship and get a new challenge elsewhere.

I'm in 2029 with Northampton in the top flight, what is keeping me going is signing young Irish players to make my national team better, I'm in the middle of rebuilding my international team, by time world cup has come around hopefully ill have a decent team,

I would recommend setting youself personal challenges.

Often I find trying to integrate youth players from your own club into the team a challenge as it means you end up having a personal interest in a players career. As the cups pile up for you, they do for him...and the game soon goes on into the future :)

try playing a few seasons without bringing in all the best players. use the team you are given at the start and see if you can make them successful through tactics alone rather than buying a championship.

for many teams this can be quite a challenge!

its really rewarding if you can get some of those 1.5 & 2 star players to outplay 3 & 4 star players from other teams!

Archived