Finding good staff?

I know this has been asked before as I searched for explinations of how to find good staff members, but all I could find was mathamatical jargon that I didn't really understand. So I'd like to know what attibutes are important when searching for staff such as coaches for different positions and assistant managers. Are the "ddm's" really that important when searching for staff? I'd had John Morling as my assistant manager for three years, and he seems to be doing well. He never really suggests any great players, but his training and match advice is pretty handy. Now I'm at Championship level and hoping to be in the Premiership soon, I don't know if I should be trying to get a better assistant manager. Below is a screenshot of John Morling's attributes in my game.

johnnyfive.png

As an assistant he isn't bad but he is a rubbish coach despite good levels of DDM.

With bigger clubs you don't need your assistant to coach so I tend to look for JPA/JPP for judging my players ability and Man Management/motivation for squad advice & teamtalks.

As for a coach DDM is important but without good levels in primary coaching skills they become irrelevant.

Do you think my assistant manager is good enough with 12 for man management and 13 for motivating? Or do you think a Championship/Premiership management needs those attributes to be higher?

As a Championship level team, should I be looking to employ coaches for different areas of the team such as a coach for defenders, one for midfielders, and one for attackers? I have a decent goalkeeping coach, youth coach, and fitness coach.

How many coaches are you allowed?

Ideally you want one for each category while a big club can afford another batch for the youth team.

At your level and given you are a relatively small club I would look for the following:

1) GK Coach

2) Fitness Coach to take strength & aerobic

3) 3 general coaches taking two categories each from tactics, ball control, defending, attacking, shooting & set pieces.

Your AM can take some pressure off if you are short but he needs to be better at coaching. Whatever the coaches do at senior level repeat at youth level.

So use the job centre and see who applies.

I'm allowed 15, and I now have 7 if you include couple for my youth team. I have a coach who is specifically on goalkeeper duty, one for fitness, and the other three main coaches have two categories each. So yeah, I'm pretty much set up how you described. With all training categories covered, do you think I still need an AM with good coaching stats?

I do have a question which may be stupid. If I get another batch of coaches for my youth team, do they really need to be good at working with youngsters or is that attribute not so important as long as they are good at coaching in the area I assign them to?

If they are a good coach then it's important. But being good at working with youngsters is a bonus, I've found that it helps increase star ratings as well.

BTW keep your assistant manager. He has good mental stats, has been at the club for a long time so knows the players and is on a low cost contract.

I'm allowed 15, and I now have 7 if you include couple for my youth team. I have a coach who is specifically on goalkeeper duty, one for fitness, and the other three main coaches have two categories each. So yeah, I'm pretty much set up how you described. With all training categories covered, do you think I still need an AM with good coaching stats?

How is your money situation? Could you afford more?

If you can I would look at one for each category so:

1) GK Coach.

2) 2*Fitness - one on strength & one on aerobic.

3) 6* general coaches taking one category each.

Your AM doesn't need to coach while all coaches repeat their senior jobs with the youth team.

As you get more money start adding more general coaches with the best ones working with the senior team and the others with the youth team.

Don't bother with "First Team Coaches" or "Youth Coaches" as they just limit what they could do as a general coach.

Determination is the key, staffs with low determination will grant you not as much star rating as you'd thought when you see their coaching attributes!!

I have at least one all-round coach, 2 really good fitness coaches to deal with strength and aerobic , a really good coach for each category of training.

And I'd love my Ass Man to have freakingly high CA and PA, decent tactical knowledge and motivating (no less than 15), and a reasonable man management. Though sometimes it's hard to find an Ass Man that matches all those category, I'll go for hi CA/PA first, as for me accurate team/players report is the most important.

qshot0016.th.jpg

He's happy to sign as a coach, first team coach, or youth coach. would it be best to sign him as a coach rather than first team coach, with him having a 20 in working with youngsters? Or would he still be able to work with the youth team as a first team coach?

Done! How ironic that the ex Watford assistant manager signs for me a day before I play Watford lol. At least now I've got him on board, if I ever do want him to become my assistant manager in the future, he'll quite happily take the role :)

Edit: The funny thing is that after signing him, it turns out his star rating for all coaching categories is half a star worse than the coaches I already had...

Archived