Should I retrain this guy or should I sell?

Hi guys, im having trouble deciding what I should do. Should I retrain? or Sell? If I should retrain what position and why and if I should sell why? Hes 1 star now but can become 3 stars. The unfortunate thing is my formation doesnt suit his position. So what should I do guys. Here is the guy

Thanks in advance.

I was going to say give him another year and maybe train him as a right winger....but as you dont play wingers I would get rid (unless you plan on changing your system any time soon). I dont think he can play any other position effectively.

Also, I think you could get a better winger than him - he certainly doesnt look like a player worth changing your formation for.

I was going to say give him another year and maybe train him as a right winger....but as you dont play wingers I would get rid (unless you plan on changing your system any time soon). I dont think he can play any other position effectively.

Also, I think you could get a better winger than him - he certainly doesnt look like a player worth changing your formation for.

Ive used the same formation for 4 seasons now(with a few tweaks here and there). So im not changing it as it works.

What sort of shape is your 4-3-3? If it's a narrow one I can't see anything useful you can do with him. What kind of MCs do you like to play with?

This is the kind of player I would love in one of my teams, I have to say.

I have my CMs set out like this CM-Support- DLP- Defend- CM-Attack

What you thinking of doing?

I guess you could always loan him out, you may get more for him if he gets a few games under his belt.

I loaned him out last season and he did amazing at Lincoln(who are in League 2). His stats were Played 37, Scored 3, 17 Assists, 1 MOM with an average rating of 7.28. I also got the England Under 21s job at the start of last season and ive been playing him as a left mid. Tbh though I dont know what to do.

lol as your in the Prem I just think you could do a little better, even though he is still young. Sounds like he did well at league 2 level, as Id expect to be honest.

You could loan him to a league 1 club for 3 months to see what he makes of the 'step up' from the previous year and if he starts well, recall him and loan him to a championship club.

lol as your in the Prem I just think you could do a little better, even though he is still young. Sounds like he did well at league 2 level, as Id expect to be honest.

You could loan him to a league 1 club for 3 months to see what he makes of the 'step up' from the previous year and if he starts well, recall him and loan him to a championship club.

I will try this. I need to keep him for a few years anyway. Hes my best youth player for a while.

Is your youth setup not up to scratch yet? I assume due to your rapid rise up the league it doesnt match the quality of your football? Hopefully it will get upgraded soon and a conveyer belt of talent will come through in Huddersfield.

Ive recently had it improved. Asked at the start of last season and it will be done now, so hopefully this season I will start to get a few decent players :).

I'd retrain him to full back if I were you, but only if I had great centre backs as he'd never be any good defensively but would be great for getting width into your play with you having a narrow midfield.

He has tackling of 3, marking of 7 and heading of 2?! not the greatest Premiership fullback

I'd retrain him to full back if I were you, but only if I had great centre backs as he'd never be any good defensively but would be great for getting width into your play with you having a narrow midfield.

Hmm. Doesnt seem to bad but I have Van Damme, Skarz and Jlloyd Samuel for left back. Although im looking at getting rid of Skarz and Samuel and bringing in a better left back and moving Van Damme to back up. So thanks for the idea but I think it would be a waste of time.

Archived