How do you value a player

sgrubb

If you have a player who is performing well and on a long(ish) contract then he will obviously be worth more than a player who is underperforming and has 1 year left.

At the end of the day, just accept bid or offer the player out for a price that you feel is fair.

What is a fair price to compensate losing that player from your squad? Can you get a replacement? if you are selling one of your main players, can you get a few players in in order to make the deal viable?

If in doubt, it's always better to offer players to other clubs for more money than less, as teams will come back and negotiate if they are interested and you can then take it from there.

I usally double the players current price of what I want when offering a player out. So if player X is worth £5m then I ask for about £10m. I know that f you offer a player to clubs and ask for the money over a period of time clubs will pay more I think.

+1

However you value a player, this is what works

I remember reading a post by someone saying that if we offer one click less than the double value of a player team generally bid for him at that. Otherwise its just loan to buy ********

Age, Attributes, Potential, whether he can actually play well. Also, how many other players I have who can play in the same position. For instance, I have too many quality left midfielders just now and would probably accept £500k or so for one of them. However, I have a bit of a lack of cover at right midfield, but if someone offered me £2.5m for my first choice, I'd have to sell because it would be good business.

Archived