Italian Football Strike.. how would it be represented in FM?

Herter

There is going to be a strike in the Serie A as the Lega Calcio (italian FA) and AIC (Player's association) have decided to drop the standard contract for players. This means that each contract can have individual content and there are no general rights for the players. This is done as the Legia Calcio want to save money on paying insurance and such for the players and leave the responsibility for that to the players.

If this will become reality for Serie A, how will this be reflected in FM? - I think there will be some negotiations and some agreement between the parties will probably be made, but this is not certain. What are your thoughts?

p.s. I'm not italian and am not 100% sure of the details of the matter. Perhaps someone more knowledgable can explain this case in more details?

I think they will first see how it goes IRL and then replicate the same. So your question should be more related to what will happen IRL. And that I don't know.

I'm not asking what will happen in real life as surely no one really can know. I'm asking how this would be reflected in the game.. Would they add these new contract types (IF it would happen in real life), is essentially what I'm asking. It would be an interesting aspect to have implemented, but perhaps SI would stick to regular contracts as I'm guess it could be difficult to really get a dynamic system regarding custom contract types to work well.

wait a minute. Maybe won't be any strike. they are trying to find an agreement between the two parts. The problems are for the football players' free time, because they are limited, and about the relationship between chairmans and players, about rejected transfers and if they players are put out of the first team (Ledesma, Pandev, De Silvestri last year in Lazio and now Marchetti in Cagliari). there are few problems, and maybe will be solve before the weekend.

They are supposed to have a strike on the 25th-26th but that's pretty much all that I know. There's always been plenty of conflict, dissent and bickering between clubs and the FA so I kind of saw this coming.

You can replicate it by not playing FM while there's a strike on and when the Serie A players go back you can fire up FM again and lo and behold the Serie A players are playing again !

You could also leave the forum as long as you're posting crap and lo and behold you're posting relevant posts again!

Archived