I've done a Man City - Too Many Strikers

Basically i have been a bit over indulgent in the Transfer Market and done a Manchester City, I seem to be unearthing Gem after Gem and can't resist buying them even though my current crop of striker's are doing the business for me. Anyway i will Post some screen shots and a summary of each player below.

My Current Strikers:

SC

Rik Mockel - Regen - Brilliant, consistent goalscorer, an absolute mainstay in my team

Maxi Toledo - Regen - Just scored 2 on his debut, but is expensive wage wise, Looks stunning

Julian - My Protege Had him since he was 15, was quite injury prone the previous season but is playing well this season and is doing well for us & Spain U21's

Inigo - Competent Striker Although i will probably wont renew his contract due to his age

Alex Nimely-tchuimeni - Consistent performer about sums him up

Lukas Jutkiewicz - formerly of Everton, I Loaned him out this season because he is mostly surplus to requirement's but he is favoured personnel and I am wary of causing an upset

Transfer's arranged:

Alan Smith - Looks Promising and i couldn't resist really join's JAN

Alexandr Mamaev - Not the best all round player but looks like he will turn out well Join's End of season

Walter Gonzalez - Another Bargain who looks a good all round prospect Joins End of season

Opinion's, who goes, Who Stays, What would you do? Maybe even loan the younger players out?

I play with 2/3 striker's depending on the team also because i use quite a fluid front line, so 5/6 Strikers is viable, might look into using one as a Winger/AM.

On a side note do you find it hard to get rid of certain player's? especially favoured player's etc Or do you over indulge in the transfer market in certain positions?

Man you have got a fair lot of Strikers there. :D

I normally sign just 3 strikers, 2 qaulity one's and 1 okay back up striker, but i do play a 4-5-1 formation.

I used to sign too many players in the past on previous FM's, but now adays once i have all that i feel i need, i just don't look at any more players/ reports/stats etc.

By not looking at them, it stops me from becoming tempted to buy them. :thup:

Lol I know how you feel, it's sometimes hard to resist :) and when I see Alan Smith and Mamaev I think you did the right choice :).

I usually keep 4 strikers using 2 on the pitch. You can go to 5 or 6 if one or two youth are not used as they won't complain.

I would not buy Gonzales, I would put Inigo on Reserve and I would sell Lukas, Tchuimeni.

What league are you in by the way? Heres my humble opinion for what its worth....I think you should keep

Rik Mockel -Keep as he is doing the business

Maxi Toledo - looks quality . How much did you get hiim for? 17m?

Walter Gonzalez - looks good to keep as a squad player for the time being.

Aleandr Mamaev - looks like a brilliant prospect

To loan:

Alan Smith- - decent youngster, be better if he was faster though. id loan him out to a league 1/championship club.

Julian - dont overly rate him but if you have a soft spot id keep him. I end up havign my favourite players so maybe loan him to see if he can overcome his injuries and fulfil his potential.

To get rid:

Luka jukiewicz - other strikers are much bette rthan him now. He may have been a favourite once but im sure some of the strikers above can exceed what he did. Send him somewhere nice :)

Alex Nimely - tchuimeni - I had him once at Rotherham on loan from Man city, Was a decent player at leaguie 1 but again I think your other players are btter.

Inigo - I agree with you, dont renew his contract as he is past his best.

I'm in the Premiership - Newly promoted, Julian has overcome his injury's thankfully, and been my top scorer with 15 with the season drawing to the close. But I think your right about loaning him out as he wont be as good as my strikers next year

I got Maxi Toledo from Ajax as he wanted to play in bigger league and at a Bigger club... although this doesn't make sense being that i am managing Hyde United lol. Don't you think he is worth 17m?

Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni - I don't understand why he is so popular, I offered him out in January thinking i was over valuing him @ £10M and lots of Big name European clubs came in for him, before eventually choosing Bayern.

I'm going to try and offload Lukas Jutkiewicz in the Summer and let Inigo leave, However the main problem i have now is that Rik Mockel is my senior striker @ 22 and is complaining about public expectation and it's started affecting his performances.

And i bought Gonzalez mainly because Toledo was feeling unsettled in the area/homesick

Main problem i have now is if i unearth any more beauties in the summer lol Jks...

I think given the changes you have made your strike force is reaally strong and you have let the right players leave.

He certainly looks like he could be worth 17m....proof is in the pudding but he looks like he has th epotential to bang goals in at the top flight.

What are you expectations for the season ahead?

Well I was tipped for 14th, and My Board was happy to Fight against relegation but I am sitting comfortably in mid table so Next year i think I am going to try and push for a Europa League spot.

After spending the 1st 3 months of the season on the Sidelines Toledo has just strained his Knee ligaments at the end of the season again so that looks Ominous :(

Bit of an update on this.

Julian after being my top scorer last season is now described as a wonder kid - result considering he cost just £240K.

Rik Mockel who has been a main stay in my team for a couple of years has taken a dislike to Julian, inconvenient to say the least.

Maxi Toledo is probably my best striker and has still been improving now he has remained injury free for a while scoring 8 in 13 games.

Walter Gonzalez has also done well for me too, acting mostly as a squad player he has chipped in with a couple of important goals this season already

Alan smith was loaned out to Wiganwho are propping up the premiership but he is still managing a 7.00 AVG for them.

However my here is my largest Dilemma, Because Mamaev is only 18 i dropped him to the U18's and stuck him on some intensive training not unsurprisingly he has obliterated the U18's league, but he was recently called up to the Russia squad came off the bench after 54 Minutes with the match still goalless and fired in a hat trick :| So now i feel almost guilty for leaving him in the U18's lol

BEFORE:

julianhyde.jpg

PRESENT

julian19.jpg

julianwonderkidhyde.jpg

julianhistoryhyde.jpg

He's not improved greatly statistically But he has only just turned 19 so has another couple of years progress in him and he did ever so well, I've just put him on a more focused and intensive training schedule too which i hope will boost his stats a bit more even though is gets used sparingly now and more often plays just off a front striker - Opinions?

Hopefully so, I was considering loaning him out so he could play more regularly than he would in my team but I'm worried whether he wold progress as much.

I've just unearthed a few promising Winger's, A Wonderkid and a couple of good prospects who are progressing much quicker than they should be so they are going to provide me wiht a couple of problems before too long lol

I dont think he is good enough to start as many games as he has for you (at the moment)...and I think his current goal return backs that up.

Like above id loan him out to a club with good training facilities. Stick a recall clause in there so you cna get him back if he starts declining. I think the other strikers you have are better

Yea I think your right, I am going to loan a lot of players out during the next window probably Julian & Gonzalez and maybe Mamaev too, Leaving Rik Mockel, Maxi Toledo & an Ageing Kuyt

And yea I do have a rather large squad although my average at the club is 22 so this in itself says i have alot of youth in my ranks which if nothing else helps financially when nurturing them into a decent player and giving them decent resale value's, Just look at Julian for example, I got him for £240K and was unwanted and now he is valued @ £6,000,000, proper bargain, Same as Nimely-Tchuimeni who i made a 400% profit on :D

Hey if i wasn't i wouldn't have got Hyde United into the premiership, Not with back to back promotions anyway ;)

I think my best buys were Darron Gibson on a free after being released by United when i was in League1 got him on nothing wages, he made 104 apps over 3 seasons avg over 7.00 each season then sold him to Villa for £7.5M Did somethign similar with Anichebe, infact, I've made a profit on pretty much every single player who i've sold since taking over :cool:

He looks like your typical poacher to me, a modern day Inzaghi.

No flair, no creativity, he doesn't have the concentration to figure out what to do anyway, I think although these are seen as a fault they're also kind of a plus. You have a player who knows where to stand, how to put the ball in the net accurately, with composure. He's not going to bother doing anything else apart from focusing on scoring. Stick him far enough up the pitch and the man will score bucketloads.

Creativity is the difference between him slotting home a shot and seeing a striker in an open goal position, coupled with low teamwork he's not gonna try do anything else but shoot. If only he had a better penalty taking stat, I really wish I had a lad like him!

Archived