Minimum Fee Release Clause

Hey FM peeps!

Just a quick question: What is the minimum fee release clause? (Pablo Piatti's is at 110,000,000!)

Does it mean if I apply it to my players, the club that offers him a contract would have to pay it for me, or is it simply that I'd have to pay the player that set amount if 'I' release him?

Thanks! :)

The minimum release clause is how much you will have to pay Player X's club to get the chance to talk to him without the other clubs permission. Obviously Player X's can accept less. So especially in Spain players have release clauses as its part of the rule. If one of your players has a release clause then thats how much Team X have to pay without you permission. Hope i made it clear mate and I hope I have explained it right.

Indeed you have, and what a speedy reply it was :D Much appreciated, bro!

So I guess a release clause helps in retaining your talented/star players from those big, bad, mean clubs? (I'm West Ham :p)

Yh pretty much although it can help you sometimes. As some good players in Spain get low release clauses which means you can sign them cheaply or it can help you because if you set your minimum release clause for one of your players at say £30m and hes valued at £7m when you signed him and he does well and his value goes up to £11m then some big clubs may bid that £30m.

Yeah that's right. The spanish contracts have it in as standard I think, which can be helpful as said. I don't usually put them in as I can then name my asking price depending on how important a player is for my team and his value, which are of course very variable season to season so I like to be flexible and not have a min fee release, particularly if its a player I want to hang on to at all costs and I know other clubs will come swooping for.

Yeah, Pablo Piatti's 110,000,000 is a killer!

I never managed to DIRECTLY negotiate with a player though. Club would always reject my bid unless I add 3 or 4 mil to a players value. The PC seems to have no problem with directly contacting my players though, robbing me of my players.

I even got myself on Piatti's Favorited Personnel list, yet he still acts dumb/stupid when I place a bid for him. His value is 9 mil, but my current T. Budget is 5.5 mil. Putting that 5 mil upfront and placing a clause with 10+ mil over 36/30 months always leads to me being rejected!

Already posted this on the "Looking for players" thread, but I'm looking for a pacey striker on my West Ham save (4th season). The lack of a fast striker seems to be the major weakness in my team, and Piatti seems like he would be a killer addition! If you guys have any suggestions I'm willing to listen :p

P.S: Already tried Mbokani and Darren Bent, Bent is valued at 7.5 mil (and doesn't look like he's worth it..) and Mbokani (also doesn't' seem like he's worth it) is valued at 4.6 mil, with some team being in bid for him at 9.6 mil, which I cannot go against! :(

Archived