Is this a bug? Praising player..

My leftback have a form of 7.76. I state that I am delighted with his recent form. He states in response that he is "really pleased with his recent display and was really enjoying his football at the moment".

However, when I go to the player profile under 'happiness' he says that "he feels he doesn't have to do much to get praise from his current boss". Isn't these comments kind of contradictory?

But the worst part is that his morale plummeted from superb to very poor due to this. Okay, I can see it dropping because he feels complacent or whatever, but going from top morale to bottom just because of one comment?

Not really.

He must be a highly professional & determined player. He is pleased (not delighted) with his recent form but feels he can still do better.

When you praised him you used the top option of delighted whereas he feels he doesn't deserve that level of praise so is demotivated. The answer is to make a note for him that he is a highly demanding player and only use delighted when his form is much higher.

TBH he is a good type of player to have and will perform well using the "Expect a Performance" type of teamtalks (not all the time though).

contradictory? Yes. A bug? I don't think so.

To be honest, it's just poorly done.

Not really, if you look at Cougar's response he gives the answer, and yes there are people out there who think a top overall performance can be bettered, and are unhappy with anything under perfection.

Personally I very rarely give top praise to my players, about the only time I did it in my game was to keep my team on the boil during a hard run in with the league at stake.

Not really, if you look at Cougar's response he gives the answer, and yes there are people out there who think a top overall performance can be bettered, and are unhappy with anything under perfection.

Personally I very rarely give top praise to my players, about the only time I did it in my game was to keep my team on the boil during a hard run in with the league at stake.

I praise my players very often now because I want some of them to become icons and legends but a while ago I never did. But now, I know exactly when to do it so I haven't had a player complain about praising in a long long long time.

Archived