Mistakes leading to goals / Total mistakes

I would really like some clarification on this as one of my central defenders has apparently made 80 mistakes in 20 games that haven't lead to goals. I mean seriously, 80 mistakes in 20 games? Seems a little excessive when you take into consideration that I'm top of the prem after 22 games remaining unbeaten and still in all competitions having scored 70 goals in the league and conceding 11, but what is really confusing is the fact the center back has an average rating of 7.79 as he has scored a few goals.

So what specifically counts as a mistake without it leading to a goal in FM?

I would really like some clarification on this as one of my central defenders has apparently made 80 mistakes in 20 games that haven't lead to goals. I mean seriously, 80 mistakes in 20 games? Seems a little excessive when you take into consideration that I'm top of the prem after 22 games remaining unbeaten and still in all competitions having scored 70 goals in the league and conceding 11, but what is really confusing is the fact the center back has an average rating of 7.79 as he has scored a few goals.

So what specifically counts as a mistake without it leading to a goal in FM?

Losing a header leading to a chance or missing an interception. It probably also includes a bad pass out of defence straight to the opposition.

How many goals has he scored? I'm guessing more than he should which has boosted his average rating.

Yep, pretty sure losing headers counts as a mistake for a CB, hence short CB's often get low ratings in 10.3 even when they hardly put a foot wrong...

My center back is 6'5" inches with jumping of 17, strength 20, composure 17, concentration 17, decisions 16, determination 16, marking 15 and heading of 18. It's not his lack of height or aerial ability, in fact, his stats are very good in all positions apart from agility which is 10.

Archived