New Computer Can't Activate FM

Hello, I had to re install windows on my old computer due to problems. In the end we couldn't get it working again, so I got a new computer, but obviously I can't activate Football Manager 2010 as its activation code has been used on my old computer (which is no longer working). Is there anyway I can get this reversed or do I have to buy FM again?

Thanks for any help :)

You can activate FM on up to 4 computers mate so it should be fine. If you installed through steam just open your steam account and the download of FM should be there, you wont need to put in your activation code again. If you didn't install via steam you'll need to install of the CD again and put in your activation code found on the back of the manual that comes with the game.

If you registered with Steam, your key is tied to that account. You won't be able to re-register it with any other.

I think what people mean when they say you can activate it on 4 machines, is that you can use steam to install it on 4 machines, but they all have to be running the same steam account.

Best bet would be to get on the phone to Steam. Have as much things to hand to prove who you are, such as bank card details used to purchase games. I'm sure there is a way to retrieve your account even if you've forgotten your secret question. Don't they allow you to do password recovery through your email account?

I've got a related query if anyone can shed some light on it for me.

I've got a new laptop and will be hopefully installing FM2010 on it tonight. However I can't seem to locate the box and manual. The disc lives in the DVD drive on my old lappy. It really shouldn't I know.

Recently we were looking to move house so a lot of stuff is boxed up at my parents and inlaws so I'm guessing the case and manual is somewhere there. But to save the hassle of having to go trawling through both of their lofts and opening all the boxes we taped up to try and find it would I be able to use my disc to install and then use the code off my mate's manual or are the activation codes linked to the specific discs they come boxed with?

Alternatively could I use his cd and code to install on my laptop? Would it need his game disc to verify when the game loads or would my game disc be fine?

Or am I going to have to go rooting through some roofspaces tonight to try and find my own box and manual. >_>

I always use the disc install and don't have Steam set up.

I'm sure the code isn't acustomed to a certain disc...

But my knowledge with installing it not via steam, is basically none.

You can try using your mates, but I would guess it wouldn't work, especially if he has used Steam.

You could try downloading Steam, logging onto his account and downloading it from there...?

I'm sure the code isn't acustomed to a certain disc...

But my knowledge with installing it not via steam, is basically none.

You can try using your mates, but I would guess it wouldn't work, especially if he has used Steam.

You could try downloading Steam, logging onto his account and downloading it from there...?

On FM09 my steam code stopped working and I used my mates on my account and it worked, even though it's also registered with his account as well.

In theory as the activation code is for Steam, installing from disc may work. But as you say, I think too that the disc is tied to this code. Again in theory, the discs could be from different batches, so may work.

so much non sense on this page:rolleyes:

you can use only once your cd key on steam

contact steam support to recover your account

1-register here on the support page : https://support.steampowered.com/register.php

2 Click the Ask a Question button

3 Fill out the applicable fields, upload any necessary attachments and click "Submit Question" when finished.

explain the situation to then they will help

so much non sense on this page:rolleyes:

you can use only once your cd key on steam

contact steam support to recover your account

1-register here on the support page : https://support.steampowered.com/register.php

2 Click the Ask a Question button

3 Fill out the applicable fields, upload any necessary attachments and click "Submit Question" when finished.

explain the situation to then they will help

Well I've used my key 3 times :)

Archived