Dis-illusioned

Well, I don't know if it'd inspire you! but I've loved playing St Mirren in scotland, first challenge was that of merely trying to be at least mid-table, I didn't have any real transfer budget, I was able to bring in some key players on loan, and ended up 4thi n the first, was fun!.

Then the challenge from there was to build on that, on a miniscule budget, I had like 40,000 per week to spend on wages, an I was supposed to compete wtih teams like celtic who had single players that earnt more than my entire team. Luckily, my budget was a bit higher than my first season, I had some great players come in on free transfers, and to my surprise I achieved 2nd, and only lost the title in the last few games.

So.. it was really fun working on a tight budget and trying to break the old firm dominance, I eventually did it properly, and won every title for 16 years, and a few champions league and euro cup successes. I focused on youth development as the facilities at st mirren were good, and I had them upgraded too, and I brought a lot of good players through, had to sell many of them due to wanting a bigger club, or needing the money, but eventually we were a big club!.

challenge 1: survive

challenge 2: break the old firm dominance

challenge 3: try to progress in europe

So it's a few-pronged one which can be lept right in from the start, I liked it, but I have no idea if it'd inspire you!. Probably not :p, but I found it very fun.

Well, I don't know if it'd inspire you! but I've loved playing St Mirren in scotland, first challenge was that of merely trying to be at least mid-table, I didn't have any real transfer budget, I was able to bring in some key players on loan, and ended up 4thi n the first, was fun!.

Then the challenge from there was to build on that, on a miniscule budget, I had like 40,000 per week to spend on wages, an I was supposed to compete wtih teams like celtic who had single players that earnt more than my entire team. Luckily, my budget was a bit higher than my first season, I had some great players come in on free transfers, and to my surprise I achieved 2nd, and only lost the title in the last few games.

So.. it was really fun working on a tight budget and trying to break the old firm dominance, I eventually did it properly, and won every title for 16 years, and a few champions league and euro cup successes. I focused on youth development as the facilities at st mirren were good, and I had them upgraded too, and I brought a lot of good players through, had to sell many of them due to wanting a bigger club, or needing the money, but eventually we were a big club!.

challenge 1: survive

challenge 2: break the old firm dominance

challenge 3: try to progress in europe

So it's a few-pronged one which can be lept right in from the start, I liked it, but I have no idea if it'd inspire you!. Probably not :p, but I found it very fun.

Sounds like it's going to be a good game mate, cheers, I'll have a crack at that!! Any notes on players you brought in??

Well honestly, I was lucky! I got a lot of players I promoted from my u19's who were by chance good enough to play in the SPL (from my experience they seem to randomise the youngsters a lot). Only loan signing I remember was david gray, from man utd, he seemed to put in some great performances despite being perhaps somewhat average-looking, just he seemed to have stats in the right places. Again, he might be different in your game! I don't know.

Basically, first season, try get cheap loanee's in and work out who is worth what in your team and your under 19s, push as high as you can, and if you get a respectable position, you should be in a good position to bring in free transfers in your second season. I got a got at least 8 free transfers in on the 2nd season, and I was able to sell some players who I thought weren't worthwhile, which freed budget, and also one was a youth player who wasn't developing despite promise, I spent the money from that on a winger who was awesome! alireza vahedi nikbakht it was, but he cost all the budget I got thanks to some sales. Ahmed fathi was one name I remember who was a very good free player for my 2nd season, although very dirty!.

But do it as you will, your game'll be different from mine even from the start. Good luck though :).

This thread is definitely making me want to start a new game with a really weak team. REALLY weak.

glad i've inspired you haha, my st mirren game's going alright, 7th at the minute, so bottom half like - but still, with a team expected to be bottom it's not bad in december lol.

the new stadium has definitely helped as well, it seems to be packed out each week.

Archived