Mannager History

One thing that I feel could benefit the game is that at the start of the game you given a randomly generated history of your playing and coaching career. It, to me at least, seems unrealistic that you could walk into a the top job at a marquee club such as Barcelona or Man Utd, and yet seemly to have been plucked from total obscurity.

Following on from this thought I think that there should be sub sections within scouting knowledge such as specific league and club and even player knowledge linked to your career. So for example if your career said that you were employed for a long period in the SPL at Aberdeen you would have good knowledge of Scotland, Excellent knowledge of the SPL and Ultimate Knowledge of Aberdeen. It would also be fair to expect that any players or staff that your career said you played with or worked with you would also have knowledge of them.

What do the rest of the community think to this?

The past reputation you choose already sets a level of history for you so you are not just being plucked from total obscurity, but while it creates an imaginary international playing career there is no club one. It is certainly an interesting idea, perhaps we could even choose the sort of playing career we had.

One thing that I feel could benefit the game is that at the start of the game you given a randomly generated history of your playing and coaching career. It, to me at least, seems unrealistic that you could walk into a the top job at a marquee club such as Barcelona or Man Utd, and yet seemly to have been plucked from total obscurity.

It's all about the balance of fun, and realism, and personal preference. I will always start off with portsmouth, no matter what league there in, with a low reputation. Sometimes i hope to get sacked, because I enjoy the challenge of another club.

Alot of people do start lower leagues, but some havent got the patients to take a Blue square premier team to the premiership, and some like to taste success with the real world players with a team like Man United.

I wouldn't buy the game if you had to start at a bottom league club, and SI are right in giving their customers options to play the game how they want.

I think the managerial history page needs looking at, a biography page should be added, and i think national and club teams that you have managed should be separated on the achievements page, so the scrolled lists of clubs you have managed is much easier to negotiate and understand.

Archived