Mentored player up to Manager days

My number one player, who I looked to always be the core of the team was Frank Lampard and after enjoying a long playing career with him I kept him on as my assistant manager.

About 7 years in now since he was appointed that and I now see that his preferred formation is my preferable formation. And I couldn't help feel proud that I have, in a sense, left a legacy of my brand of football and that there will be a manager that plays it after I'm gone.

Normally I leave friendlies and domestic cup games to him, and it really has seemed like good training for him (he doesn't lose many).

Just wondering if anyone else experienced and enjoyed this and want to share.

Have any mimicked your tactical approach/style?

I'm wondering if it does have to do with friendship or mostly, when going on holiday demanding the games be played with your set tactics. And over time they adapt to favour that.

Wicked :thup:

Can't keep my ex-star players because they always get annoyed that they aren't playing enough, even though their stats have become very low. Strange, because their wage demands lower alot, but still think they should be playing every week.

Archived