FM 11 Suggestion: The Ability To Give Players Seperate Player Roles

it really annoys me that when you change a player, he just takes up the role assigned to that poition, surely we could give each player his own individual role and instructions instead of having to change them all the time

on another note, whenever I change my tactics "everything" gets reset grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

any input?

Yes definitely. Also the same should go for corners. I have a left winger who's great in the air, so good at attacking/defending corners, but when I bring on my little 6'7" Italian wonderboy, it all goes to pot.

I had the other idea last night where you could right-click drag a player instead of left-click dragging (which does the usual thing) and after dropping, it pops up a menu with options like:

- Swap positions (automatically ticked) - if ticked, the positions swap

- Swap instructions (automatically ticked) - if ticked, the players inherit the others' tactical instructions

- Swap switching roles (automatically ticked) - if ticked, the players inherit the others' "swap position" instructions

- Swap set piece roles (automatically ticked) - if ticked, the players inherit the others' set piece roles

So you could possibly choose what you want to swap over. It may be better to word these options like "Keep instructions" to make them less confusing (and hence all with be reversed, and nothing automatically ticked). It also has the additional - perhaps unusual - function that if you want to swap the tactical instructions of your wingers (i.e. your formation is asymmetrical), without swapping their positions, this is also possible - make sure the player keeps their tactical position, i.e. untick the "Swap positions" checkbox.

There are arguments both ways for if the role applies to your chosen tactic or to the player himself.

For instance if you play a poacher as one of your two forward players then suddenly switch him for a target man he is going to play totally differently and you'll need to alter other team and player instructions to take account of that.

But tbh how difficult is it to change the role of a player?

If you use the quick subs option from the 3d you get the pop up box that includes the role and teamtalk when you bring the player on.

Swap duties as well- this would be useful for alternating which striker drops off. By which, I mean if you have a target man and a complete forward, for example, and you want one to drop off at a time, you'd want one on "attack" and one on "support". Think of Crouch and Rooney for England.

Archived